Hotel Haven
  • Restaurant
Klaus K Hotel(Helsinki)
Scandic Marski(Helsinki)
1,166 results
All reviewsharbour viewsmall luxury hotelmarket squarelovely hotelold marketbeautiful roomrooms are spaciousfive star hotelesplanade parkperfect locationbreakfast is servedyogurtlobby barbreakfast roomferry terminalporridgehotel kamp
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 July 2011

This is a lovely hotel right near off the harbor, and near the Esplanadi, Helsinki's chicest shopping street. The room was spacious, beautifully decorated, and in top notch shape. The breakfast spread was certainly plentiful, although the attached restaurant hosting the buffet seemed somewhat overwhelmed at times. We wish the thoughtless front desk person on a Tuesday evening had seen fit to get herself off the phone to give us directions to a restaurant. We were also somewhat annoyed that our windows didn't open and the a/c was inadequate for the uncharacteristically hot/humid weather in Helsinki. The price relative to value is fair, considering the fact hat Helsinki is a pretty expensive city.

Room Tip: Try the attached restaurant, Sundmans Krog!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2011

This was the 1st Small Luxury Hotel (SLH) we were staying at on a one-week trip which then took us to Muhu in Estonia and Tallinn. The Helsinki one was probably the best of all 3. Very welcoming and knowledgeable receptionists. Great big room, swanky bathroom with separate toilet. Fabulous breakfast with very attentive staff. Lovely gym.

The only negative is the fact that they allow smoking in the breakfast courtyard - not sure why such a high-end hotel would be so backward as far as smoking policy is concerned...

All and all, highly recommended.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CDN2
Reviewed 10 July 2011

From check -in to check-out, my stay at Hotel Haven was one of my favorite experiences with a hotel - ever. I travel a great amount for work and so I've stayed everywhere from one star roadside motels to five star luxury hotels in major cities. Of all of them, Hotel Haven has been my favorite. Why? The staff were superb - helpful, kind, approachable but also poised and elegant. The rooms were expertly designed and appointed - I honestly didn't want to leave, I was so comfortable! The food was sublime and expertly paired. Most times I can't wait to get to the airport and get home - in this case, I was actually sad to turn in my keycard.

Room Tip: I think every room is lovely.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 July 2011

Excellent location. It is a beautiful boutique hotel. We found there to be excellent service and amenities. The buffet breakfast was included and was great. The hotel even had bikes to use to ride around helsinki. Rooms were pricey, but I feel worth it. I definitely would reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 July 2011

Hotel Haven is an outstanding hotel with great service. The location is ideal for anyone coming to Helsinki and it i a true 5 star botique style hotel. The rooms are beautifully appointed and you could want for no more. The breakfast was fresh and plentiful. When I next return to Helsinki I'll certainly be staying at this excelent hotel. Just as a side note there is a very good Thai restaurant very close to the hotel (sorry can't recall the name) but if you come out of the hotel reception turn right and then first left - no more than 250 metres from the hotel. Enjoy Hotel Haven.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business