“Competes to be the best hotel in Helsinki”
Review of Hotel Haven

Hotel Haven
Ranked #8 of 65 Hotels in Helsinki
Helsinki, Finland
“Competes to be the best hotel in Helsinki”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I have been here twice, despite the fact that I live in Helsinki. Both times were special occasions of my relatives.

Hotel Haven is a 5-star top hotel and you see it in everything. The staff is friendly, rooms are very modern and clean and breakfast is very good and has a lot to offer.

The bar downstairs has a very good collection of high-quality whiskeys and a whiskey enthusiast bartender to tell about them. A very nice way to finish the evening is to have a glass there.

The location is excellent. Very center of Helsinki, but still on a rather quiet street.

Haven is the best or second best hotel in Helsinki, in my opinion. I can warmly recommend it and will stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Finnish first
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

They should change it's name to heaven. On of the best hotels in the world. It has a great location and a great service. The hotel staff is always happy to help you. Everything about this hotel is perfect.
Pd: when you arrive they well came you and make you fell like at hone.

Zug, Switzerland
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We are staying at this hotel.. We have a harbour view ... They were very helpful at the reception.. We liked it so much that we extended our stay by yet another two nights.. It is very near the harbour and rather quiet.. Breakfast is served in the Hotel Havis which is part of the hotel.. Well what I must say that it is not the standard breakfast where you get baked beans and hash browns! But very good bread...fresh fruit amount other delicious things. What one does notice is that what ever they offer is high quality ...,would recommend highly recommend it...

Room Tip: With a habour view
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We stayed at hotel haven on our trip to Helsinki, we liked the reviews that we read and from the pictures it looked really nice and we were not disappointed! From the moment we entered the door we were treated like friends, nothing was too much trouble. The hotel is very relaxing and has great views of the harbour. Buffet breakfast was very good and the whole experience was excellent.Another bonus is the hotel is situated near most attractions including the harbour, the shopping centre and a beautiful park. Hop on hop off bus leaves just outside. If we return to Helsinki we would certainly stop here again.

Room Tip: Our room was at the back so we had no view but if you pay a bit more there are views onto the harbou...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tracy w
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 18 July 2014

the best hotel deal in helsinki after a long weekend trying other top tripadvisor hotels that were not at the same level. The Klaus K, compared to the Haven was disapointing. Big suite rooms, excellent location just next to the fish market place at the very core of Helsinki waterfront. It has great common areas topped by a glass covered courtyard where it is just great to have breakfast or chill out in the afternoon. Thee best so far after 3 hotel experiences in Helsinki

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Indiana
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Most of the time, the Haven provided service equal to or better than its peers. In two instances, however, they missed the mark. It seems to have been very dependent on the people running the front desk.

On the positive side, our check in with Matilda and subsequent dealing with Jonna was absolutely amazing. They did everything to accommodate our needs. My first room was smaller than I assumed. They offered an upgrade at a minor upcharge, which was greatly appreciated. Because of our early wake up times, they bumped us up one more level of room, which had better privacy shades. I did not request this, but was done at their discretion. I made some special requests (fan, towels, etc.) all of which were done quickly and with a smile. Jonna was enthusiastic and seemed very happy to be helpful. I could not have asked for better service. She was great in finding places to eat, travel, and other requests. The carpets are white, which shows stains easily. That being said, the rooms were very clean, well maintained and comfortable. The décor is modern, but typical for what I experienced in Finland. This is not an old city. The bathrooms are very nice and had attractive frosted glass sliding doors.

My only complaint is that the front desk missed my wake up call TWICE. The same morning staff also failed to get a taxi on time. For the third day, I asked Jonna to help. While she did not work the morning shift, she made sure my call was on time and the airport driver was early. She is great.

Overall, this hotel is amazing and I would make it my first stop when going to Helsinki. I am convinced the morning issues I had were due to the same employee (I wish I knew his name). The rest of the staff and hotel exceeded my expectations and deserve high praise. It is difficult to express how amazing most members of the hotel staff were. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Profguy
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This luxury hotel is located on a quiet side street next to the lovely Market Place.Location could not be better. I had a "comfort" room which did not face the harbor, spend more and get " a room with the view" to the harbor.
Staff is very friendly.
My room had dirty carpet, that was my only complaint.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends