“perfect!”
Review of Cumulus Hakaniemi

Cumulus Hakaniemi
Ranked #35 of 64 Hotels in Helsinki
Reviewed 29 August 2013

To visit Helsinki is in a great position, near bus, metro, airport bus. Nice hotel, clean and confortable. Good breakfast, goos staff. I was there with my wife and our son. We asked for a 3rd bed and they gave us a very good solution. I know where to sleep next time I'll be there.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Cumulus Hakaniemi

Reviewed 21 August 2013

We had a superior room which was large enough, clean (exept the work chair cover), silent and the beds were comfortable. Breakfast was basic and there seemed to be too few staff. "Serviettes" that were available were basic toilet handpapers which were cut in the middle.The young blonde girl at the reception didn´t make us feel very welcome. She was arrogant. For example she didn´t know what the travel bed is or didn´t bother at first to check if our room is available bit earlier (we had called to the hotel in advance about these things).Playroom was very poor and small. Location of the hotel is good, near Linnanmäki and the ferry that goes to Korkeasaari. Hakaniemi market is nice in the summertime and also the indoor market nearby is nice.

Room Tip: Superior/family rooms are ok. Rooms that face inner court are probably more quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Started our trip from this hotel and decided to get back to it at the end of the trip. The hotel is amazingly clean, well positioned with comfortable rooms, especially the superior rooms which are absolutely great, and the staff very responsive. The only downsides were the mediocre breakfast and the fact that we were not able to control the room temperature to our satisfaction.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I stayed at the hotel during the Flow festival 2013, because the hotel is very conveniently located - there is a short walk to the city centre and short walk to the festival area. However, I wouldn't recommend the hotel, because in my opinion, the balance between their prices and quality is off. First thing that surprised me was that I was expected to pay extra for wireless internet. It didn't cost much, but the password they gave was only valid for 24 hours that is kind of inconvenient when you're staying for several days. Also, as it is not a budget hotel, charging extra for wifi seemed sort of petty. The other thing was breakfast - there were signs in the elevators that told the customers to arrive at the breakfast 'as early as possible' because 'the hotel is fully booked'. So, the staff expects their customers to wake up earlier than they have planned, because they are not able to organize their work at the breakfast hall? When I got there (more than an hour before the end of breakfast), I saw that they are really not able to organize. Tables and chairs were dirty, half of the dishes were empty, there were no cups for coffee etc. And they served the most watered down apple juice I've ever seen in my life. I'm surprised that they had a nerve ta call it 'juice', because at most, it was a slightly flavoured water (orange juice dispenser was broken). The hotel room itself was OK, however, it was oddly chilly even when the heating system claimed that there should have been 21 degrees in a room. In short - for such money, there are much better hotels in Helsinki.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I stayed there for two nights, arrived late and needed a good nights sleep. About 4am every night I woke up because
A truck driver was removing the iron bars from the tram which is currently being redone. It took him about 90 minutes to upload all the rails. Unfortunately I had a taxi picking me up at 630. So you can imagine how happy i was. I complained to the receptionist about it and all I got was a shrug as apparently no one else was bothered about that noise. Hard to imagine.

Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Big rooms, no services, average breakfast, expensive allergy rooms, noisy rooms. Not very nice experiense. Stayed here for 10 nights. If you don't need to stay in Hakaniemi i would recommend some other hotel in Helsinki.

Room Tip: Better view but more noise in street side of building. No regular allergy rooms at all.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Want quality for your money? Want an excellent buffet breakfast included in the price? Want a very clean, comfortable, and secure place to stay? Come to Cumulus! Our double room was spacious, with all the amenities one looks for in a standard hotel, and extras available down in the lobby if desired. Nothing fancy, but everything one needs on a business or tourist visit to one of the most interesting cities in Europe. The tram line stops right in front of the hotel, there's a market just across the street. What could be more convenient? Friendly and efficient staff, WiFi included, nothing to worry about here. Gets an A+ from me.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business