We spent 3 nights at the Fabian in May. I was slightly suprised by the #1 ranking in TripAdvisor.
It is a good hotel – NO DOUBT, but is it really the best …?
To be clear: we were more than happy with our stay! The hotel has a lot to commend it:
• Top location in the city centre with lots of good restaurants around (Olo, Fabian, Stefan’s Steakhouse, Gastone etc.) from where you can conveniently discover Helsinki by foot
• Quiet street, well sound-proofed rooms (we were right beside the elevator, which was not a problem at all)
• Very comfortable beds!
• Nice, low key-stylish rooms
• Pleasent blend of international guests
• Helpful and smiling staff
…the only „downer“ in my view is the price – even for Scandinavian price level we found 200€ per night for a double room quite expensive for a hotel that has e.g. no amenities such as a gym or a spa. Although the breakfast was good, we found that the choice could be more varied - considering the price.
Therefore only 4 out of 5 in the overall evaluation.
Would I recommend it? Yes!
Would I come back? Yes!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 58-room hotel at Fabianinkatu 7 right in the heart of the city expands the range of services available for travellers who prefer to plan their trips themselves. A special feature of the new hotel will be eight extended stay rooms for those who wish to spend a longer time in Helsinki. The architecture of the building plays a key role in the design of the interiors creating a unique identity for the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Fabian Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.