“Didn't blow me away but nicely understated.”
Review of Fabian Hotel

Fabian Hotel
Ranked #2 of 66 Hotels in Helsinki
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Like everything in Finland this hotel is stylish, discrete, tasteful and expensive! Nice contempory feel in a quiet back street. Our 6th floor room was light and well furnished- but not really super special or even that memorable.

This seems critical- which isn't what I want to infer- it does everything very well- and I recommend thoroughly. But it wasn't somewhere I would make a special journey for.

The city is eye-wateringly expensive although the best bit- wandering around soaking up the amazing architecture is free. Get a ferry out to the islands - wonderful.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hobbesmanc

Reviewed 28 August 2014

Stayed here for 7 days. I just returned from the trip and I already miss this hotel! Convenient location(but quiet), friendly & very helpful staffs, delicious breakfast, comfortable bed, free bikes, free umbrellas (it was rainy during my whole trip) and most of all, my room was always impeccably clean when I finished my day and came back. I had such a comfortable stay, I felt as if I was at home by the end of my trip. I've travelled a lot, been to many different hotels, and I can say that this hotel outbeats any renowned global chain hotels I have stayed in before. If I have a chance to travel to Helsinki again, I will definitely return.

3  Thank CarolineYL
Reviewed 22 August 2014

All praise listed in previous reviews is well deserved. This is a comfortable and quiet hotel offering big rooms, excellent beds and a courteous staff. Breakfast is concise but yummy. You are a five minutes walk from the harbour and the shopping district. I would definitely return here.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank wimbrussel
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed for one week. Very good breakfast. Close to everything. Just around the corner of the port, the old market hall and the ferry to Tallin. Nice extra: Free bicycles. Highly recommend this hotel.

1  Thank dammann
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Everything else about this hotel was better than average but what stood out as incredible was the service. The staff went out of their way to provide us complimentary things we didn't have (converters, chargers, hotel amenities) and even made us an early breakfast at 0500 before their daily breakfast started so that we could be fed before going to the airport. Well done and above and beyond. On top of that, the hotel is very cute, very reasonably priced, and located within walking distance of downtown and be water areas. Highly recommend this place.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SofiG2012
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Great find in Helsinki! I haven't noticed this place before but now this became my favorite place.
Very good value for money. The rooms are spacious, modern and nicely decorated. Bed was also very comfortable and a good sized one.
Breakfast was also good with enough options. Everything was good quality and nicely presented. Possibility to eat at the courtyard during the warm summer months was a good bonus.
Everything from checking in to checking out worked very smoothly and friendly.
Location is also very nice. Quiet, but still walking distance to all major attractions, restaurants and shopping.
Yes, a bit more expensive than the normal chains but worth the money!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Hotel Fabian - Helsinki, Finland

A fine hotel, decently priced, and certainly a good value. The staff was excellent. The design of the hotel was exquisite and our rooms were lovely. We stayed initially for several days and then in a different room for one more night before returning to the United States. A spacious and beautifully designed room with clever use of space in the sleeping area and in the bathroom afforded us a most comfortable and enjoyable visit to Helsinki. Lovely court yard – request a room over-looking it. Breakfast was excellent. Centrally located on a quiet street within walking distance of the must see parts of Helsinki. Would definitely return to this hotel and recommend it for anyone visiting Helsinki. Highly recommended. August 2014 – Howard & Marie

2  Thank Howard W