1,342 results
All reviewsquiet streetboutique hotelstyle roomsmall hotelporridgeboiled eggscomfort roomsister hotelthe breakfast areacomfortable bedwonderful staygood sizebreakfast was deliciouslovely hotelminute walkcold cutsmarket square
Reviewed 28 November 2016

It´s not easy to find a PAYABLE hotel with an elevated standard downtown Helsinki, but this one is. The rooms are all spacious (I have stayed there several times now), everything is well preserved and the rooms are very clean. The beds are fantastic, and so is the bathroom. They have showers which really create shower pleasure in the morning (although I realised during my last stay that unfortunately they exchange now the hand showers to a more water saving model, which quite downgrades the shower experience).

So rooms are great, breakfast is excellent as well and served in a semi-open "private kitchen", which creates a very cozy atmosphere for breakfast.

But the real difference in this hotel is their service excellence. Everyone in this hotel lives their claim: "We don´t mind if you stay longer". Incredible friendliness no matter to whom you talk. Very professional and decent service. On my last visit, after having checked in into my room, I realised the handshowers have been exchanged to a new, less pleasurable hand shower (like mentioned above). I mentioned it to the reception before leaving the hotel for dinner. When I returned later, the housekeeping service just exchanged my hand shower to the previous model. This is really service excellence, very impressive, I will remember that!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Anna_Alamaki, Manager at Hotel Fabian, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2016

Dear HPWulf,

We are very grateful for the the amazing review and even more happier that you have enjoyed your stay with us!

We try to keep environmental aspects in mind, but are more than willing to make exceptions for our guests when needed.

We hope to see you here soon again!

Reviewed 21 November 2016

I spent several days at Hotel Fabian. It is an excellent hotel, and I'd stay there again without hesitation should I return to Helsinki. Rooms are fairly large by European standards, and the general hotel decor is sleekly modern and chic. Our room rate included a very nice continental breakfast. Staff members are professional and helpful with any request or question. Our stay at the hotel was broken into two visits separated by a side trip that lasted five days, and they allowed us to store some of our luggage during the interim. Lastly, the hotel is close to the Design Museum as well as to Market Square, and it is decent proximity to many other Helsinki sites.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Anna_Alamaki, Johtaja at Hotel Fabian, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2016

Dear Annie_Chewinsky,

It was such a pleasure to have you as our guest, thank you for your excellent review! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel to be to your liking.

When visiting Helsinki next time, we are waiting for your return!

Have a nice winter time and a warm welcome back!

Reviewed 21 November 2016

We spend a little weekend gateway in Helsinki, Fabian hotel. I mentioned when booking that I wish we could have room with double bed, because we are visiting as a couple celebrating our special day. Hotel took this as notice and there was handmade chocolate waiting in room. All service was great, staff friendly, location perfect, and room was clean, even luxurious for just comfortable room. Perfect! My recommendations to Fabian!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Tinskil,

Thank you for your warm words. We are happy that you chose us for your special occasion and that we were able to make your stay a pleasant one!

We wish you a very warm welcome back anytime!

Reviewed 19 November 2016

This is a really nice and modern hotel. The rooms we had were large, very comfortable and of a very high standard in regards to qulaity, cleanliness and service. Bathroom is quite large with walk in shower, nice and clean, looks like each of these rooms have been recently renovated. No specific bar however not an issue as the front of house/reception is very comfortable, drinks/beers available and is a really nice concept. Great personal service and helpful attitude from the staff. Hotel is nicely located approximately 10minutes away from shops, bars and restaurants.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business

Dear daved00ley,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback regarding your stay. We are very happy you enjoyed it with us! Wonderful that you found our staff to be service oriented and helpful, because this is how they actually are!

We wish you a great winter time and hope to see you soon again!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 18 November 2016 via mobile

Very friendly welcome even though I arrived at around midnight. Lovely spacious room. Lots of power points in all the right places. Very comfortable and quiet. Very large wet room. Good continental breakfast - apparently so good that it is used as a meeting place for others in town meeting with those staying at the hotel. In this respect, it got quite crowded but was kept well stocked. As advertised, there is no restaurant but the staff were very happy to advise about local options and delivery possibilities. Super friendly and efficient throughout the stay and I'd certainly return and would recommend it to others.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business

Dear Hill_Resident_SE14,

Thank you for your warm feedback regarding your stay. We are pleased you enjoyed it with us! It is always nice to hear that our staff gets noticed for their friendliness and abilities to find solutions to meet individual needs. That is why they are our employees!

We wish you a super warm welcome back whenever in Helsinki again!