“Top luxury hotel, but no free Wifi?!”
Review of Hotel Kamp

Hotel Kamp
Ranked #5 of 66 Hotels in Helsinki
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I have the privilege of travelling quite regularly and had the pleasant experience of the Hotel Kamp. When the taxi driver asked me if I was a celebrity staying there it did make me chuckle and I guess went someway to guide me on the fact that the hotel wasn't the cheapest I had stayed in.

I received a very warm welcome from the reception team. The hotel had a distinctly historical luxury feel to it which continued when entering the room. I felt like I was staying in a palace. The bed was very comfortable (to the point I nearly overslept) and the room finished to a very high standard and was very clean. I was blasted by the shower, which is a big plus when needing to wake up at an ungodly hour. Location-wise you cannot go wrong as you are within walking distance of the harbour, shops and public transportation. The bar on the ground floor was very nice, and waiting staff very attentive.

The Kamp would have got a 5* for me but the one thing that left a bad taste in my mouth was the charges for the WiFi. They were extortionate! With the room being a premium price I was surprised. In the 21st century you do not expect to be paying €40 for 24 hours access. A low cost hotel maybe, but not here. Fortunately I could access the internet by pairing with my work handset so not the end of the world.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Justin T
Write a ReviewReviews (1,532)

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We spent only one night at the Hotel Kamp in mid-June and were delighted with our stay. As most have said, the location is central to shopping, local attractions and an easy walk to or from the train station. The staff was friendly and quite helpful. The bed was just what we needed. The Karl Fazer Chocolate Shop is just down the pedestrian walkway from the hotel and is a delight for chocolate lovers and non-chocolate lovers. They also serve breakfast and have some incredible looking pastries in addition to lots and lots of chocolate. Helsinki is an easy city to get around.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Our last destination in a two week adventure through Scandinavia, this hotel was a real treat. I felt pampered and the room was luxurious. We enjoyed the feeling of being spoiled after some rather austere (but very efficient) rooms elsewhere. I would highly recommend it as a lovely oasis in Helsinki.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2014

When I am in Helsinki, I prefer to stay at Hotel Kämp, which is very centrally located close to the shopping streets and the busy harbor. The hotel is always nice maintained, the rooms well equipped and clean, the service good and friendly but the price of course in the higher end, but worth the cost, both on business and private trip. Do not pass up on this gem.

Room Tip: Any room will do...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We arrived here early but were given a lovely room looking out onto a quiet square. Reception staff excellent, helpful and kind. Room well appointed and spotless. Housekeeping appeared excellent during our two night stay.
Had drinks and light meal the first night in the bar. Staff there very wooden and appeared like automated dolls. No warmth, service just okay, food the same.
In contrast we had dinner the second night in the brasserie where staff were excellent and food, whilst obviously prepared in the same kitchen as bar food was quite good. We did make different choices though.
All in all we would stay here again. Location couldn't be better.

Room Tip: Executive room was lovely. Quiet even though ours was at the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The hotel is great and the staff is very helpful and friendly. Anu and Mokke were always willing to help me find places and listen to my daily adventures. Great location as everything is close to the hotel.

Room Tip: Room 306 amazing water pressure
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Kämp G, Manager at Hotel Kamp, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear ALTravel_everywhere

Thank you for visiting Hotel Kämp and taking the time to share your experience.
Direct feedback from our customers, both good and bad, is the most valuable advice we can receive. We are excited to learn you have enjoyed your visit and would love to have you consider us your home away from home. I am above everything glad to hear you’ve experienced our service indigenous and we are happy to celebrate Anu and Mokke in their success!

We look forward on seeing you soon in Helsinki!

Warm regards,
Tina Kaikkonen
Assistant Hotel Manager

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Everything went so smoothly from the moment the taxi dropped me at the front door. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was spacious, well appointed and also very quiet. The hotel is located very close to the major sights next to a nice park that leads to the harbour. The only thing letting it down is the expensive wifi (which I decided not to use in favour of a roaming data plan). I would happily stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo