“Not as good as in Stockholm”

Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Helsinki
Ranked #29 of 66 Hotels in Helsinki
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Have got room on 2nd floor at the lift. Of course room was very noise because of elevator, noises from street and tubes in walls.

Room was good equipped, but quite messy. Cup wasn't clean, floor also was not very clean and lot of hairs in shower, which wasn't mine.

Breakfast was the same as in other Radissons in the same price category.

Strange systems with the cabs, you go outside and wait in queue I took me about 1/2h to get the taxi.

Usual I try to stay at Radissons. Will give it one more try, but seems will switch to something else in Helsinki.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Kadisha A, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Mr. Viesha,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us.
We understand how important a quiet environment is and apologize for the noises you experienced. For your next reservation, please request a room at a quiet location.

Regarding the issues you had with getting a taxi, a taxi stand is situated in front of our hotel and we do our best to make sure our guests get a taxi as soon as possible. Please note that it is always best to book a taxi in advance usually the night before. Our Reception staff will be more than happy to help you with this.
We hope you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations.

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,580)

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 February 2014

The hotel is situated close by the city center, and very close to the Kamppi shopping area. Rooms are standard but good and clean. Staff is friendly and very service minded in my experience. Only the breakfast area is a bit cramped. Joining early or late is advised.

Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you have taken time out to shared your experiences with us.
We take pride in our "Yes I can!" culture and I am glad to see that this hasn't gone unnoticed.
Your comment about our breakfast room will be used to consider improvements in the future. At present, we do extend our breakfast area to our dining area whenever necessary.
Again, thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Nice Room with OK view, nice people, nice coffee bar, good restaurant, internet worked fine, room cleaning really poor. Didn't report it as it usually doesnt get any better. Went there for Business trip and worked in the hotel most of a day.

Dear Mr. Anders L,

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the cleanliness of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards.
I am glad that your syat was ok otherwise.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Positives: heated floor in the bathroom, slippers, good buffet, good location (center), cool ambient lighting, so much soap to make bubble bath :)

Negatives: For me the building looked much older in real life from the outside than in the pictures.I doubted if it's the right place. But the inside was very modern. No free bicycles as promised (all were taken).

Didn't use room service.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr. Oliver F,

We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. We value our customers' comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future.
I would also like to thank you for your positive comments. Welcome back to the perfect vacation hotel!

Reviewed 10 February 2014

overall i was very satisfied, though the bath salt wasn't replaced every time was consumed, and the bed sheets wasn't changed ones in three weeks, which was a downside. In other aspects a pleasant stay an a very nice hotel staff. Breakfast was also more than excellent.

Dear Claudiu M,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.
I am sorry to hear that your sheets weren't changed during your 3 weeks stay with us. I sincerely apologize for this. I have notified our housekeeping department about this as it is a part of our standard to change the sheets for stay-over guests every third day. Again, I apologize if this wasn't implemented in your case. For future reference, please don't hesitate to contact our Reception during your stay so that we can address any risen issues.
I am so glad to hear that you find our staff pleasant and that you enjoyed our Super Breakfast.

Thank you for doing business with us and I hope your stay with us will be more satisfying.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

The hotel is in town and not far from shopping and train station,have a little old style but is a nice hotel with big rooms.
Was good bed and had bathtube so was a relaxing good holiday there :)
breakfast was good had the main stuff nothing special :)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Tanjalarem,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are glad that you had a good relaxing holiday.
I am sorry to hear that you find our style old. Next time ask for one of our rooms that had a facelift a couple years ago.

Thanks again for your feedback!

Guest Relation Manager

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I found the reception staff friendly and helpful. I had a medical emergency and they set up an appointment at a clinic, which is why the service rating is high. The room was a twin room so very large but had seen better days and in particular the chairs were very stained. The bathroom was very good with a full bath and shower above both of which I used and were good. Breakfast is a buffet so there is a lot of choice. It gets very busy about 8.30, it's pleasanter earlier on. The coffee isn't very good though. Unfortunately my meal at Grillit was poor. There was a very limited choice. So I opted for the burger. However I was surprised to find the chips were covered in salt when they were served with the meal and the burger itself was also very salty. When I complained I was offered a 10% discount which didn't really seem satisfactory. I mentioned this when I checked out and the cost was deducted, which impressed me. As a lone woman on business I really need a hotel with a decent restaurant to save time. I went out the other nights after this experience. I had eaten there in the past but the menu unfortunately had changed.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Kadisha A, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Dear Ms. Janet W,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us your feedback. I am glad tou hear that you find our reception staff friendly and helpful. We pride ourselves on our customer service and we do our best to meet our guests expectations.
Our rooms will be updated in the near future. I am sorry to hear that our coffee wasn't to your satisfactory. For possible future stayd with us, please note that special coffees (espresso, cappucino, etc) are available upon request.
Your feedback about our restaurant has been forwarded to our Restaurant Manager by my colleague that assisted you on departure. Again, I apologize. We are very appreciative of any constructive feedback so we can do a better job in the future!

Have a nice day!