“Truly satisfying !”

Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Helsinki
Ranked #28 of 66 Hotels in Helsinki
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My trip to Helsinki in June-end 2014 was almost not going to happen (!) - because I could not get a single available room in any proper hotel in the city. Supposedly this is the peak season in Helsinki and they have a kind of festival going that blocked out all rooms everywhere!

I suddenly landed up a booking (by chance) with the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel. Must be not up to the mark, I thought - otherwise why on earth should rooms be available out here?

I admit, I started with a skeptical note.

I was in for a very pleasant note as the hotel turned out to be one that came with a spacious lawn and of course, spacious rooms. The room I got was a "basic" room by their definition, but it turned out to be quite spacious - much spacious that the Hiltons/Swissotels/Scandics I have stayed recently.

Surprisingly, I was upgraded to a 'busines class' category after 2 nights. I won't say the buisness class rooms are a class apart, but it can be safely said that they were a slight notch better. Room size seemed almost same as the other one - but the business class ones are at the top floor. They also come with free 'paid' channels and movie channels.

The hotel serves free breakfast which can be said quite 'above average'. To do better, they can consider altering the menu - I got the exact same menu for all the 4 nights I stayed.

The hotel is located centrally in the Kampii Centre region of Helsinki. Taxis are usually available at the door step of the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Joni V, Service Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Sanjay_GT,

Our rooms are spacious and in Business Class Rooms include room service breakfast upon request or the Super Breakfast Buffet, Free TV entertainment package, Nespresso® gourmet coffee machine and electric kettle, Quality magazine, Free high-speed, wireless Internet and also Business Room guests can access the City Gym free of charge.

Thanks again for your feedback. Have a great summer!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Just enjoy it! I had a very nice stay at the hotel. Very good breakfast and the room was fantastic! I liked that it was quiet so I could sleep well. I will come back as soon as I need to stay in Helsinki.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Tage N,

We just want to say thank you: for having been our guest in Radisson Blu Royal Hotel and for writing such a kind review.

We want you to have a good night's sleep and regain energy during your stay at Radisson Blu Hotel in Finland, therefore, we have developed the Blu Dreams® experience. The cornerstone of the Blu Dreams experience is our own Magic Bed®. It caresses you with an intelligent foam mattress. The material reacts to body temperature and weight and molds individually according to the person. You can choose a pillow and duvet of your own liking from our wide selection.

It would be a pleasure to be your host again.

See you soon and have a great summer!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I have been in this hotel about five times now and I have been saticefied in every visit. Service is very friendly and helpful and hotel miljöö is really really nice. Breakfest is perfect, especilly I love to have special coffees served in breakfest table of mine.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Päivi K,

Thank you so much for your review.
We are happy to read you liked the quality of our services.

Super Breakfast is an extensive buffet featuring a range of food items selected from the best of Continental, North European, and American cuisine. If you like to start your morning with a special coffee, just ask it from breakfast waiters and they will served it in the table.

We are very delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Have a nice summer!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is my favorite hotel in Helsinki. I have been there 5 times. Every time the staff were good and ask my dreams. The food in Grill It restaurant was excellent (again). The room was lightly and silence. There was railway outside my window but no silence. It was short walking to city. I will be back.Thanks

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Jukka V, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Marita V
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed. We look forward to see you many times more as our guest.
We are working on it, that Radisson Blu Royal Hki will be your favorite hotel in Helsinki in future too.

Have a great summer and see you

Front Office Manager

ps. Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Big and nice hotel located in Kamppi, 10 minutes walking to central station and the city center. Hotel is clean, excellent guest service. Large bright rooms with all possible features, excellent restaurant and bar. Breakfast could be better.

Room Tip: I had a room in the smaller building, 4th floor. The room was excellent.

Dear Igor R
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear you have
enjoined your stay with us. As you mentioned our rooms
are large and bright, but I am particularly delighted about
your comments about good customer service. Service is
vital in our industry, and I am glad to hear we have once
again succeeded in that.

Have a great summer and welcome back

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The room looked a little tired and in need of a refurb, but was clean enough, and quiet. The WIFI was not of the highest signal strength, and dropped in and out pretty regularly.

Food in the restaurant was really good - good enough that I chose to eat in a couple of evenings, rather than go and find something outside.

Breakfasts were OK, as you'd expect from a business hotel, and included in the room price (which made doing my expenses easier!)

Daear Andrew W

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you
have joined your dining experiencies in our Grill It
restaurant and breakfast- restaurant.
As you say Grill It it great steak restaurant with excellent
service.
Thanks for your comment about WiFi we have ingrease transmit
power to get excellent signal to all parts of the hotel. In most of
the places it has been very good until now. As you know our WiFI
works in all proberty and always included in roomprice.

Have a nice summer and welcome back

Best regards

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Enjoyed our stay here as it was very well located near the central rail station. Buffet breakfast was very good and they had a good selection of Gluten Free foods. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately our air conditioning was not working the week that the temperatures were the hottest on record for May. There were a few odd things - one was that in a hotel with a sauna, why wouldn't there be bath robes in the room? Secondly if you want to use the gym you have to pay extra!

Dear 21 Ski

Thank you for your nice feedback. As you mentioned
we have good selection of gluten free foods in our
breakfast buffet. Air-conditioning we have passed now
for the summertime.Bath ropes you can request for all
rooms without aný extra charge.

I hope to see you again on your next Helsinki trip