“Great Hotel to stay in Helsinki”

Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki
Ranked #11 of 66 Hotels in Helsinki
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Radisson blu plaza is right at the main railway station, so it gives you access to every transportation means in the country. the rooms are big and confortable, with nice big LED tv and excellent beds for a good night's sleep. they are kept very clean. the stuff is very polite and helpful. the breakfast is of great quality and the restaurant is very good and well-priced for Finnish standards. I did not try the sauna, which is included in the price. A bit overpriced for my finances, but still it is a hotel I would use again if I go to Helsinki. Good work by Pia at the Hub Bar!

1  Thank Stavrospgr
Maija T, Guest Service Agent at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Stavrospgr,

Thank you for your kind and wonderful review. It really makes us all happy to read reviews like yours. It is good to know we are meeting our goals and our guests feel happy and comfortable at our hotel.

Did you know that you can also connect your own laptop or music player to our TV so you can make sure you get to see your favourite programs and listen to your own music while away from home.
It's also nice to hear you had time to enjoy our Super Breakfast buffet.

I hope we will see you soon again. And next time make some time to give a try to the sauna as well.
I will also tell your greetings to Pia.

With best regards,

Ms. Maija Tuulio
Guest Service Agent

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki

Reviewed 12 March 2014

A really good modern clean hotel. Boasts 140 different choices of breakfast, it's probably true there seemed a big choice. The beds were the most comfortable I have slept in around the world. Just a good safe clean bet to stay at. Reasonably priced, 5 day stay well worth it.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank DodgieEam
Heikki P, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear DodgieEam,

Thank you very much for your super kind review, it is always a great pleasure to read reviews like yours. Especially we loved the comment of your writing "The beds were the most comfortable I have slept in around the world". I personally also think that the breakfast is the most important meal of the day - and from our Super Breakfast you can find almoust everything what you need - and of course our local specialities.

I wish you a pleasant spring time and hopefully to see you soon back at Plaza!

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Hotel has great location (just beside railway station) so you can shop till you drop and still manage to walk back. Kiasma, Parliament house etc. are located nearby as well. Staff was great, room was as nice as expected. I'll definitely stay there again if I have the chance. And I recommend this hotel gladly to everyone. My visit was for two nights and mostly business so I couldn't enjoy this hotel as much as I wanted to. Maybe next time I'll have some time to relax other than just sleep.

2  Thank Jonna R

Dear Jonna R,

Warm greetings from Plaza to you, I hope everything is well on your site.
Thank you so much about your amazing review - you definately made my day!

TIP: Book next time a business class room to get extra luxury and comfortable room. You can also borrow our bikes to have your personal sightseen or shopping tour in Helsinki. After sightseeng tour you can relax in your own room and use our foot massager - of course at free of charge. So please feel free to ask our service consepts: Plaza Sports and Plaza Relax - there is lots of free items for our guests to use.

I truly wish you a pleasant spring time and we are looking forward to see you soon back at Plaza!

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed here in March 2014 in a business trip. The hotel is modern and well located and very comfortable, especially the bed.Breakfast biffet is good with a nice selection and attentive staff. Definitely recommended.

Dear paitonboy,

Thank you for your kind review.

It is always a pleasure to read review like yours, I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Plaza. It is great to hear that you liked our rooms and our Super Breakfast. Thank you for sharing your experience with other users of TripAdvisor.

Have a great sprig time - are the cherry trees blossoming yet at Tokyo?
You are most welcome back to Plaza next time!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here with the family for a long weekend. The location and rooms are ok, as one would expect from the hotel with this name. Restaurant service was one of the worst I saw in a while: during breakfast they run out of either pancakes, or plates, or juice etc...., for dinner we had to pick up menus ourselves, and they took order in about 20 minutes. The staff seemed to be quite friendly, but there were too few of them. In a business where you know your occupancy upfront, how one can go so wrong with staffing? 5 star hotel??

Stayed: March 2014
Ari E, Food and Drink Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Dear Ksksksksks,

First, let me personally apologize your inconvenience during your and your family's stay at The Plaza.

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback on your visit, we are taking the grievances you experienced seriously and I have gone the procedures through with our staff, both in the kitchen and in the restaurant.

On behalf of our senior management I hope you will give us a second chance to prove that we have taken your feedback to our heart and will keep improving our guests experience to the standard that meets The Plaza standards.

Once again, thank you for your visit and we do hope to see you again at The Plaza.

Ari Eilola
Food and Drink Manager
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Helsinki

Reviewed 7 March 2014

This hotel is very clean and very kindness, but high cost. If you come to Heltinki, you should stay in this hotel. Safty and beautifl room. Free wifi conect is very fast, but slow time and fast time in it. The hotel is near the stasion and city, if you visit sightseeing, this hotel is very confortable.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Kosamo U,

Greetings from Helsinki to Tokyo for you and your family, I hope everything is well there.

Thank you very much for your kind review. The hotel, like you mentioned, really is well located when it comes to sightseeing and shopping. And an easy access to the airport is convenient of course.

You are most welcome to Plaza at anytime your travelling brings you to Finland again!

Have a great spring time!

With warm regards,

Reviewed 6 March 2014

This hotel is originaly an old officebuilding, now renovated to a modern design hotel with beautiful details. Very good and friendly service in the lobbybar, a perfect breskfast in fashionable enviroment. I would gladly be back.

• Stayed: January 2014
Heikki P, Public Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Anders49,

Thank you very much for your kind review.

I was glad to read that you liked our renovated hotel. Our renovation was designed be Archeus Acrhitecture Ltd. leaded by two great young Finnish designers Sanna Pääkkönen and Pave Mikkonen. Our hotel is smooth compine of history and design, twisted with mixture of Finnish and international desing from Alvar Aalto, Eero Aarnio, Louis Poulsen and Georg Jensen - just to mention some of them.

You are a most welcome back to Plaza in anytime!

Mr.Heikki Päätalo