“Just perfect”

Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki
Ranked #11 of 66 Hotels in Helsinki
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 May 2014

The hotel is very clean inside out, firstly the receptionist were very professional and smile often, the rooms are very modern, I love the room number is place in door step, it changes the colors according to your setting (do no disturb, clean my room), I found every thing I may need in the room, filled with electric sockets, USB, very Large LCD, free tea/coffee maker, and TV in the Toilet.

The location is perfect, 2 minutes from train station.

I decided to stay again next month, big thanks the receptionist.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Al-Habsi
Heikki P, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Al-Habsi,

Thank you for your review and taking time to share your experience with us.
We are so delighted that you find our hotel and our service to meet your needs.

We looking forward a friendship with you!
You are always warmly welcome to your new "Helsinki home"!

Kind regards,

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,172)

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I was given a room specifically designed for persons in wheelchair. I didn't need that, but was glad to see that they have everything thought through (especially the bathroom) for persons with such needs; and yet keep the room also enjoyable for valid persons. Also appreciated the real (i.e. consistent) pillows, the nice personnel, and the excellent breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Vinciane D,

Greetings from Helsinki to Brussels!

Thank you for your review and for taking the time to write about your experience and sharing it here at Tripadvisor.com. We are so delighted to read that you enjoyed your room - even it was designed especially to disabled peopple, and of course that you liked our service and brekfast.

The whole Team Plaza sent our greetings to you - we are waiting you on your next stay at Helsinki and hopely at Plaza!

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Have a great summer time!

Best regards,

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I have not stayed at a similar tech savvy hotel before. Let me elaborate, your walk to your modern room in dark hallway is lit with room numbers on the floor in three different possible colors that you see from a distance, blue for you are welcome to knock, red for do not disturb, and green for clean my room now. The bedside has all controls you need to charge smart phones/appliances via USB, has controls to set different moods of lights in your room, and change the light of the room number outside to different color setting in the warmth of your comforter in bed. There is a TV in the mirror in the bathroom! Bathroom? Clean and updated.

And, the most important feature, the bed was unbelievably comfortable. To match it the customer service was immaculate with minor exception of one person who seemed to be in training. The hotel manager personally came with us with our luggage to our room, he helped stow away my special ice pack request. I wish I remembered his name.

I stayed with family in Business Class "modern" room. So, I have no insight into what classic rooms present. We asked for quiet room and got one and got access to lounge where we read the books or watched TV over snack in the evening in great ambiance.

And, if that is not enough, the breakfast in the morning was royal! Buffet of warm choices, fresh bread, fresh yogurts, fresh smoothies, fruits or omelets on demand, sealed the deal.

My trip was Business cum pleasure with family.

Hotel is in the heart of the city, very close to senate square, chapel of silence, temple in the rock and Kampii. Lots of restaurants around to be confused where to eat from and taxi drivers in Finland all accept american express and/or credit cards!

Cons:
One advice for the hotel is SPACE. The room is seriously cramped. The impressive closet wasn't enough as none of my suitcases fit in there. First night, with a crib in the room, not only was there not much walking space, there was no room to put our suitcases. I contemplated switching but because of the other great things the hotel offers, this complaint was not made vocal but one they should seriously consider.

Second for your overseas business travelers who come jet-lagged, tired and confused about time, give them a clock in the room without having to turn on the TV to know what time of the day it is!

I would stay here again and again if I can afford it!!

Room Tip: choose modern on a quiet side/street. Pick Business class with breakfast included, it is worth it.
1  Thank 1worldtraveller06

Dear 1worldtraveller06,

Thank you so much for your amazing review and taking time to share your experience with the other Tripadvisor users!

I really loved your comment: "..And, the most important feature, the bed was unbelievably comfortable." I am so happy to hear you also had time to check out our Plaza Lounge - for business and pleasure. We and our guests believe it is a nice place to relax after work or if needed to continue working a little while. Even working becomes more fun with some little drinks and appetizers.

TIP: Book next time our Executive Business or Executive Suite to get extra space to work and relax, for example in our Executive Suites has separate bedrooms and livingrooms. And in actually we do have some alarm clocks and of course we do also wake up -calls when requested.

Once again thank you very much for chosing Plaza and you are a most welcome back in the future!

Have a great summer time!

With warm regards,

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Well, where do I start. Great location. Best rooms. Hotel is modern with all the gadgets Wi-Fi, 3-D 42 inch digital TV, Aux for speaker throughout the room including bathroom. TV in mirror in Bathroom. English plug as well as European. Kettle and coffee machine, free chocolates, robe and slippers. Touch screen lighting. Really nice hotel. Quiet. With really comfortable bed and huge. The breakfast is excellent, full range of food. I didn't eat in the hotel in the evening as was taken out by suppliers. Hotel booked taxi for me and it was always early. This is now my Helsinki hotel for business. Will stay again, even though it more expensive than other hotels I have used. But worth it.

Room Tip: I had a busines class room on 6th floor, was excellent.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Roberto B, Guest Service Agent at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear guest106 ,

Thank you very much for your amazing review.

We are always very happy to receive such wonderful feedback .

I am personally glad you enjoyed your room's facilities and I appreciate you consider us as the Best place for Business travellers.

When ever you are coming back to Helsinki, we are more than happy to accommodate you and your family.

Once again thank you for your review and thank you for sharing your experiment with other Tripadvisor users.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Hotel was nice but room overpriced. We had a business room which was spartan and the view was a building 10 meters away. Ok, there was a sauna, but still 200€ was too much. With that price we could have been in Hilton with a seview... :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
1  Thank PeterPanGlobe

Dear PeterPanGlobe,

Thank you for your review.

In Helsinki and other capital cities some times the room prices can more than usually - depends on the season and availability. We do have rooms with streetview also, in the city centre we cannot offer seaview - unfortunately.

TIP: Our hotel is located next to the Kaisaniemi Park and there is beatifull fountain and botanical gardens, you can rent a bike as an free of chrage from hotel and have your own sightseen tour at the park.

We wish you a grest summer time and hopely to see you soon back at Plaza!

Kind redards,

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I checked in very late and got an upgrade to a business room and what a great thing! Comfortable robe and slippers, free chocolate, amazing gadgets for lights and TV/sound etc and lots of space. It also looked great in a "design hotel" fashion and the bed was enormous! The hotel booked me a taxi for the next day and the driver was waiting in the lobby for me when I checked out so unfortunately did not stay here for very long but will definitely go back!

1  Thank Kate T

Dear Kate T ,

Thank you for your review.

I am happy you liked our style combination between classical and modern design.

It' s nice to read you enjoyed our Business Class and its facilities.

When ever you are coming back to Helsinki, we are more than happy to accommodate you.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a few nights in February - it was very cold when we visited so nice to have a warm welcoming hotel to come back to. The hotel is modern and slick. The rooms clean, comfortable and modern. Would recommend.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Roberto B, Guest Service Agent at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Dear The2explorers28 ,

Thank you very much for your review .

Your are totally right our location is really in the middle of everything ; all the majority capital's spots are walking reachable .

Have a great spring time!