“Delicious smoothie”
Review of La Torrefazione

La Torrefazione
Ranked #8 of 83 Coffee & Tea in Helsinki
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: La Torrefazione is a third wave coffee shop; by knowing our supply chain we can guarantee the quality and taste of our coffees. All of our baristas have taken a barista exam, they both know how to make coffee but also the story behind each of our coffees. To us, a great cup of coffee is a piece of art and all the steps on the beans way to the cup are important. We serve breakfast, lunch, salads and sandwiches. Our popular brunch is served during the weekend.
Reviewed 6 February 2014

A cosy and relaxed coffee place. It is on the first floor so you feel like above the fuss of this shopping street.
I pretty liked berry smoothie which was big and very delicious and refreshing. Coffee was also good. Didn't taste any of the food.
The place in the evening was quite busy, thought enough seats for all the people. The girl at the encounter, while fast and efficient, was also very, very nice, giving everyone a sincere smile)

Reviewed 9 January 2014

We had a mostly enjoyable lunch at La Torrefazione, although the service was a bit Jekyll and Hyde at times. The experience started out great--although there was an English menu on the chalkboard outside the restaurant, the menu inside at the counter was only in Finnish. However, the staff were extremely patient and kind to translate for us, offering explanations of all of the options. They also found and reserved a table for us while we were in line to order, so no need for us to wander about searching for a place to sit with drinks in hand. I had a fairly good linguine dish with chicken that was flavored with lemon and capers, which came with a small side salad. I also ordered a cup of jasmine tea, which was legit loose leaf in a strainer.

The experience soured a bit, though, as the lunch hour grew busier. Our plates were cleared at an alarming rate--sometimes before we had even completely finished. My tea strainer, which I had set aside, was whisked away immediately, so that I no longer had an option to refill my hot water for a second cup. So, despite the pleasant cafe atmosphere, it didn't seem conducive to hanging out and enjoying a drink, at least during the lunch hour rush.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

My lunch favourite with fresh salads. The best part is the table system- no need to queue, they reserve a place for you while waiting your turn to order.

Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

Lunch at one of the few cafes opened on Boxing Day. Lovely salads for lunch with the best cappucinos.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

This centrally located gourmet coffee shop in the Kluuvi shopping centre has something new to offer even for the most hard-core coffeinistas. Fresh and delicious sandwiches and salads, yummy lemon croissants, smoothies, Italian chocolate with your coffee. Gets very crowded at times. Nice atmosphere, during term time lots of university people from nearby. Usually friendly service.