All reviews swimming pool and sauna city centre minute bus ride easy access to airport single room helsinki airport hartwall arena breakfast was amazing hot and cold food long weekend public transport train station stayed one night business travel reception staff nice hotel room number
Reviewed 13 December 2012

I´ve arranged two meetings here in a short time and in both occasions everything went well. The sales service and conference service do keep in touch and there are no suprises. Food is exellent. Only the parking is poorly arranged. Great location!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Rockhills
Reviewed 27 November 2012

It is a bit outside from the center, You can take bus 63 from the Central Train station to get there. Ride will take aprox 15 minutes. Nice reception. Large and clean rooms. Tea and coffee in the room. Hotel has a swimming pool and sauna. Breakfast is very good. So I would recommend this hotel to everybody who wants to stay in a queit place with a good service.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2012

Spent overnight at Hotel Haaga with mixed feelings. This hotel is just outside Helsinki centrum, located somewhat remotely, but if you have a car or are willing to use public transportation, it is easily accessed. Our room was big enough, wooden floors, nicely decorated. Beds were quite narrow, but comfortable and we had a good night sleep. But my mixed feelings are with the bathroom. Firstly it is rather small. Somebody had placed a magnifying round mirror right in the middle of the bathroom mirror on my hight, so I had to move around to actually view myself properly. That would not be a problem, if i was about 20 cm taller or smaller. But the worst was the smell: our bathroom stinked really badly like pee - like a bum had been doing their "business" there. It was weird, because the bathroom (and the room itself) was very clean, but the smell was really really stinking. Our children, however, were staying next door, and there was nothing wrong with their room. So this was an individual problem for our room, I guess.

Service at the front desk was rather slow - there were several trainees working - and the same was in the Haaga Inn restaurant. We only ate breakfast there, but did have a drink at the cozy "living room" in the evening. Breakfast was delicious, having standard Finnish variety of food. Parking was not a problem as it was Saturday - there is a charge during weekdays.

So as I said, this review comes with mixed feelings: the stay was pleasant, if one does not count the bad smell and the slow service. I could use the hotel again, should I need to stay overnight in Helsinki, with a car. Our reason for choosing this hotel in the first place was a swimming competition in nearby Pirkkola Sports Hall. Without the competition I would probably never have come to this hotel. Pricewise this is a good choise considering the sleep quality and breakfast. There is also a swimming pool at the hotel, which we did not visit.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Stayed there twice. Nothing negative. You get exactly what you pay for. No luxury but real service. Reception is helpful always, but just look tired often. Brekfast is fresh and changes often. Pool available as well as sauna. Not too far from the city center, nice quiet district.

Room Tip: All rooms are pretty much the same. Just take what you want, no need to overpay.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HeisV
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I was very surprised about this hotel. Although it is situated in the suburbs of the Helsinki, convenient direct connections link it with the city centre and the airport.
The hotel service was always nice and helpful. I really appreciate a business room, where you can work on a computer and print for free.
The room was very nice and clean and offers a lot of opportunities. There is wifi-connection, superb TV and minibar.
Also breakfast is in the price of the room (which is really a bargain for such services) - you can choose from a lot of meals.
I can only recommend this hotel for everyone.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
1  Thank PETER T