All reviews swimming pool and sauna city centre minute bus ride huge pool big bed wifi works single room comfortable place to stay helsinki airport stayed one night breakfast was amazing free bikes hot and cold food train station air conditioner public transportation reception staff
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Best Western Hotel Haaga is situated at a short distance from the center of Helsinki, about fifteen minutes of city driving in the rush hour traffic. There is enough space for parking at the hotel, parking is paid. The single room, I stayed at, was spacious, comfortable and clean. On the opposite side of hotel is a great woodland with a numerous paths for strolls, skiing, bicycling and horse riding. I enjoyed long hikes through the forest in sunny days and relaxation in swimming pool& sauna in the hotel. The place itself is still, however the outward unit of air-conditioner produced an unpleasant noise at night (it’s seen on the picture from the window). The breakfast was plentiful and various, traditional for Suomi, with the exception of smoked salmon (I like it much!).

• Trip type: Travelled solo
91064, Manager at Hotel Haaga Central Park, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2013

Hello and thank you for your kind words.
We really try to fullfill the expectations we announce on our websites.
And thank you for noticing the faulty air conditionig unit. It will be fixed asap.
You are most welcome to stay with us again in near future !

Reviewed 15 March 2013

This was my first time staying at this hotel – I picked this hotel because it was reasonably close to the clients I was visiting. However, there is nothing nearby and if you don’t have a car you will stuck here. Works
Getting there: I arrived at 11:30 at night, it was snowing – I took a cab to the hotel (about €25). 20 minutes from the airport.
Here is my summary – I try to take into account the things you might find important on a business trip
Location Worked for me – but not the best.
Room Workable – bed was a queen size, temperature control in room.
Bathroom Nordic adequate (it is what it is – small and cramped).
Workspace Decent, 1 power socket available at table, not much room on the desk if you have a laptop on it
Wi-Fi Average performance, free. Easily able to connect to my work network and work remotely.
Breakfast Free – smaller choices than at other Nordic hotels but wasn’t bad.
Negatives Not the best choice

I’d stay here again – but if I’m here in the summer I’d probably stay more centrally.

Reviewed 11 March 2013

There is nothing wrong with this place it is just if you want to see Helsinki it is in the wrong place. It is set in what appeared to me to be an office park type area with several apartment buildings around the fringe. When I asked the front desk what was around the hotel in terms of things to do the answer was "nothing".

The hotel is pleasant but if you want to get out take the number 63 bus and getting off at the end stop at the train station. Cost is $2.80 Euro and the drivers appreciate the exact change if you don't have a bus card. They are very helpful if you're not sure where to get off. Just ask.

I feel bad giving it a 3 rating as the staff is very friendly and the grilled salmon I had in the little restaurant was pretty good. The only reason I gave it a 3 was the location but the cheap 5 minute bus ride to centrum helps.

Reviewed 5 February 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights, enjoyed the spacious and clean rooms. It's only 15mins by bus (nr 63) to the central station of helsinki. The water of the (very large) swimming pool is cold, but after a sauna that's very pleasant! Helsinki is too small for a stay of more than 2 days, therefor it is a good idea to take the ferry to Tallinn for a day...only 2 hours on the boat.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I stayed 1 night in this Hotel ( 27.11.2012-28.11.2012) during my business trip from Tampere to Helsinki. Though I couldnt spend much time here as I arrived late in the evening and left in the morning but few points for fellow travelers.
1. Good Spacious Rooms
2. Reasonably Priced.
3. Good Breakfast.
4. The room was bit colder could have been better.
5. The location of this hotel is not in the city center but metro station isn't far.
Overall it was good exp.

Date of stay: November 2012