“Perfect venue for visiting the exhibition centre.”

Holiday Inn Helsinki Exhibition & Convention Center
Ranked #44 of 66 Hotels in Helsinki
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Perfect location for the exhibition centre as it's in the same building. Very high standards of service and the rooms are clean and well serviced. We stayed on a B&B basis and the buffet style meal was well stocked, well presented and plenty.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Helen A

Reviewed 27 March 2014

During my business trips I've visited several different hotels. In Helsinki I find Holiday Inn the best. For me the location is really good but the best part is the cleanines and overall quality. And of course the details. I think Holiday Inn are the only hotels where you can choose your pillow type, and I just love it!

Room Tip: Don't take a room close to elevators (good tip in any hotel)
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Haleok
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Holiday Inn in Pasila is a very well located conference hotel, if you're attending anything in the conference complex right next to it. We weren't, but that didn't matter as we were just staying there for one night.

The hotel facilities are in good shape, although you can see the hotel is a bit worn. That didn't matter, though, as the room was clean and the staff very friendly.

The breakfast isn't actually prepared by the hotel, but a Fazer restaurant within the building and it was very good. Definitely one of the better breakfasts I've had in Finland.

There's a parking garage right under the hotel, although a bit tight, there was plenty of free spots when we were there. It's very convenient, as you can take the elevator straight to the reception and to the rooms.

If I'd be going to a conference in Pasila and needing a hotel there, I'd definitely first check the Holiday Inn. If you're going to the city center, you can, the railway station is right next to the hotel, but I'd probably go for a hotel closer to the center.

Room Tip: The view from the hotel north is basically the roof of the conference center. You can't really s...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KalleV
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I chose to stay in Pasila, the business district, because it was most convenient for my meeting. It was very quiet but the district is a short but easy ride by either tram or train into Helsinki city centre so I didn't feel at all disadvantaged by staying there.
The staff were friendly and efficient. The accommodation was good, and clean. My bed was comfortable and my pillows were generous.
The food was a surprising highlight. It was excellently cooked and there was a good menu. There was free wifi in the hotel and it was easy to log onto.
All in all, a good stay in a pleasant hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I arrived to the hotel on 24.2.14 at 21:00 after a long flight. There was no sign for parking so I parked my car in the street and entered the hotel to ask for directions. Surprisingly the staff hardly spoke English and the 2 ladies were unfriendly. I asked them to come out with me and show me the way to the garage, but they only said: “left –left – left”. As I did not find the garage I came back again to the reception, and the same scenario happened again:” left – left – left”. Finally I managed with support of another guest to find the parking.
When I checked in I was not welcomed as Platinum Member and only after requesting the 500 points voucher I got it.
The room was nice and clean, except the heating that did not work. I managed somehow with 2 blankets.
To summarize: the hotel facilities are good; it looks as if much money was invested there. What a pity that the service was so poor, and destroyed the experience of staying.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Helsinki Exhibition & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Dear haimboaz,

Thank you for your review and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. I am delighted to hear that you found your room nice and clean. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. I apologize for the inconvenience the service you received from our hotel may have caused you. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon. We value you as our IHG Rewards Club Platinum member.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Excellent choice when visiting the expo center for any event going on there. The door of the expo and the hotel are so close you don't have to wear jacket or coat when it is cold outside. Rooms are big, comfortable and very clean. The funny thing is they have a hairdryer at the cabinets drawer, I couldn't find it firstly :)
Service is good.
Downstairs restaurants food is little bit expensive.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2014

The location is convenient. The hotel is functional and gives basic business services. The rooms and bathrooms need renovation. Housekeeping while friendly needs to clean better (left stains on the coffee maker from the previous guest). The restaurant has to improve its menu (variety). This is the only Holiday Inn hotel I ever stay in and mainly due to location but the hotel is alright.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Helsinki Exhibition & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear HVM101,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced with your room. We will follow up with the executive housekeeper to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. We are pleased that you appreciate the location of our hotel. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to serve you in the future.

Regards,