“I had a really good stay there.”

Hilton Helsinki Kalastajatorppa
Ranked #10 of 66 Hotels in Helsinki
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Helsinki Kalastajatorppa for 2 nights. The location is peaceful, the hotel is relaxing. The room is really pampering and quite big. I actually liked products in the bathroom.
The fitness center is nice with a really good cable cross machine but I would add some more weights :)
The sauna is great and very clean.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,179)

Reviewed 20 September 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Hilton Helsinki Kalastajatorppa for 9 nights on our honeymoon and thoroughly enjoyed our time there. We chose Helsinki because neither of us had been to Finland before and we wanted something a little different. We weren't disappointed. The hotel was clean and spacious and we were made to feel very welcome by the excellent staff team. We used the saunas and swimming pool almost every day and also made use of the gym a few times. The hotel's location is a huge selling point and our room looked out west over a beautiful Baltic inlet, which meant we had gorgeous sunsets almost every night through our picture window. The hotel is located some 5km northwest of the centre of the city in a wooded neighbourhood which was very leafy and pleasant to explore both on foot and the bikes that we borrowed from the hotel. The city itself was walkable from the hotel mainly because of the fantastic weather we had. Despite going in September the weather was unseasonably warm and sunny and we spent most of our stay in shorts and sandals. In the evenings we often caught the very reliable and frequent tram 4 and 4T which took around 15 minutes to reach the centre.
All in all a great hotel, fantastic location and very helpful staff, oh and Helsinki is an amazing city too.

Room Tip: I know many people have written about getting a room in the seaside wing but there's a good reas...
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Enjoyed a long weekend relaxing with a friend at Hilton Helsinki (not the Hilton airport hotel). Fantastic location - very peaceful and great for walks/jogging. Catch bus 615 to city centre and tram No.4 if you want to avoid expensive taxi - takes around one hour from airport. Hotel is located at top of the hill just after last tram stop (Saunalahdentie). Breakfast was very good. Dinner restaurant menu more limited. Swimming pool is small and so can get easily crowded and is only available early morning and evening. Swim in sea invigorating!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I stayed here for two nights with work. While not a bad hotel it is nothing more than average. The location is good, but the food and service wasn't hugely impressive, usually had to ask twice for tea/coffee and for the menu. Good for business but I would't stay for pleasure.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We visit family in Helsinki regularly and have stayed in a number of hotels including the Kamp, Torni, and our old favourite the no longer operating Palace on the harbour front. We have seen the sights in the city centre and spent plenty in the design shops and thought it was now time to venture further afield. We checked out the Tripadvisor reviews and booked a room in the Seaside Wing of the Hilton Helsinki Kalastjatorppa.

The result was great views from the room, ideal location on the lakeside, lovely views from the (expensive) restaurant above our room and on this occasion the novelty of the Finnish football team who were staying there ahead of their World Cup football match. We ate well, slept well and used the hotels bikes to cycle around the islands nearby. One thing that fascinated me was the tunnels between the buildings like those from some Cold War spy lair which I suppose this might have been, very cool.

Room Tip: Get one in the Seaside Wing
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I was in Helsinki for a business trip in early September and had the pleasure of staying at this Hilton. I had a room in the Seaside Wing overlooking the beach. The hotel is very clean with nice spacious modern rooms. Internet access was stable and quick. I had Reindeer Steak at the restaurant and it was delicious. Service was wonderful and the staff very friendly. The location is great, I was able to walk a few minutes to the 4T tram and take a ride into downtown for just 2.80 Euros. The beach is wonderful, very clean and serene. The hotel also has a number of bicycles available for guests to use (although I did not personally use one). It was my first time in Helsinki and I really enjoyed it, the Hilton was a big part of making this trip wonderful.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This hotel per say is good or above average... The staff are very courteous and pleasant. Breakfast buffet is good, but repetitive... Can work on having a menu which rotates....
Rooms are clean , well kept and maintained. The equipments provided work fine and are easy and good to use.. I stayed at the 7th floor in a room facing the sea (persay) ... At best I was able to see was some water between the heavy woods... If you like trees and nature you did love it... But if its sea you looking for then its a deal breaker... Rooms do have balcony, which is a plus, if you want to enjoy a quiet evening tea over a book or interesting conversation... The property is set between a residential locality and hence quiet... P.S. Indoneasians its close to your ambassador's house or official residence. I am yet to try out the fitness and swimming pool.. probably will update later...

• Stayed: September 2013