Original Sokos Hotel Helsinki
Arthur Hotel(Helsinki)
Scandic Marski(Helsinki)
Hotel Haven(Helsinki)
1,342 results
All reviewsexcellent locationsuperior roomrailway stationnice hotelbusiness triphotel is locatedcity centreshopping areawalking distancethe room was nicepleasant staybreakfast roomsingle roomexcellent breakfastreception stafffranzsauna
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 April 2005

A centrally located hotel in Helsinki. The rooms are nice, if a bit noisy, ours faced onto the street. The room was very hot and meant that you had to open the window to cool the room a little. On opening the window the noise level from the street below was very loud and remained so pretty much all night.

There was a nice choice for breakfast and we also had dinner one night in the restaurant whic has a small eating area on the street and it was very nice food.

The hotel itself is nicely decorated and had internet access in the rooms.

It is only a few minutes walk from the centre of the city and also from the market on the harbour.

Would reccomend it as a nice reasonably priced hotel

• Stayed: August 2004
6  Thank Havanafan
A TripAdvisor Member
York England
Reviewed 15 March 2005

We went on a weekend break to Helsinki in March, and found the hotel to be adequate for our needs. The bathroom could perhaps do with a bit of redecoration, but was clean and functional. As it was minus 12 degrees outside, the heating was on, but seemed a little too hot. However, the first night we were there we had a meal at the Fransmanni resuarant, and although expensive was absolutely delicious! The staff were very friendly and saved us a table by the lovely log fire. The Reception staff were also very helpful, as there were a couple of trips we wanted to make, and they found the directions for us. I would certainly go there again if I have the chance!

• Stayed: January 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 October 2004

I stayed there 2 nights and could not wait to check out. Having paid extra to get a better room, this was a very bad deal. I had room 613, this is on the 5th floor and you simply can't sleep until 2 AM. Why? Because there is some sort of night club on the ground floor, and the noise insulation is so poor that thumping noises go all the way up. The first night I though this was due to really noisy neighbours in adjoining rooms, thanks again for making everyone else miserable guys, but by the second night they thanksfully moved out and I was expecting a good night sleep. Impossible, the noise from the ground floor was too much, starts at 22:00 and finishes around 2 AM. For over 170 euros a night this is simply scandalous. Avoid at all cost.

7  Thank Yann1
Reviewed 28 September 2004

Having read the conflicting reviews on this hotel - chosen by my hosts for a business trip - I faced it with some trepidation. However, it strikes me as a pretty average Nordic hotel. There is an element of the 1950s about the decor and the outside weathering makes it look shabbier than it is. This impression is not helped by the choice of colours and the energy-saving illumination. On the other hand, my room was clean and there was evidence of recent painting in the corridors. The breakfast was nothing special but no worse than many I have seen in the Nordic countries and distinctly better than some. I can't judge value for money since I wasn't paying but I would be surprised if it was poor - Nordic hotels do tend to seem expensive because of the high taxes and labour costs. As elsewhere, you get what you pay for and I would judge this a perfectly decent mid-range business/tourist hotel in a convenient central location.

• Stayed: September 2004, travelled on business
4  Thank The_Sherriff
Reviewed 15 September 2004

One of the worst services I have encountered during over 20 years of business travel. All service, cleanliness, attitude, room set-ups are deplorable. I have complained to the staff during my stay, but all I got in return was just surliness. The noise was also deafening; we slept with ear-plugs; there is no excuse not to sound-proof your rooms. I would accept all the above from a youth hostel, but they charge like a wounded bull for all this "pleasure".

• Stayed: September 2004, travelled on business