“Poor customer service”

Ranked #41 of 63 Hotels in Helsinki
Pori, finland
“Poor customer service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

We were staying at hotel for a night. Room was nice and had lot of space. Hotel services wast pretty much usual for Sokos Hotels except not as good customer service as for example at Jyväskylä or Seinäjoki.

Most problems which amazed us was at hotel's restaurant Sevilla. We didn't had reservation and waited for a while at restaurant entrance. Staff didn't say hello or anything. After waiting for awhile waitress just told to follow him. We sat down and this point waitress started to arrange glasses and forks and knives on table. We had pretty long time only one water glass. Then we got printed menu that had stapled on corner, nice touch...

At the end of our table was higher desk were was dirty cleaning wipes front of all customers. I asked one of waitress to take them away and answer was "Oh those must be left there in accident" but didn't do anything to this! Then I asked friendly same thing for our own waitress and he got mad! We got attitude "what ever" and eye rolling but at least he took away dirty wipes.

Whole time we spent in restaurant we didn't feel welcome and it seemed that staff had more important things than serving customers. They were too busy to tell funny jokes each other. Food was ok, but with bad attidude waitress it doesn't help.

We stay over the night two times at once in this hotel, first and last. There is much better hotels with same price at Helsinki to stay.

Room Tip: Kingsize bed was great.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Juha H
PetraRissanen, Guest Relations Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Pasila, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Sir,
thank you for your feedback regarding our service. All the feedback is important to us. We are truly sorry to hear about your negative experience at our hotel. To avoid similar things to happen in the future, we have discussed about this with our staff.

We hope to see you as our guest again in the future again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Finnish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

I'm being kept up all night, as we speak, by neighbors' noise.
Since the moment I checked into my room- absolutely NO peace & quiet.
Examples include: 1) neighbors screeching of adjoining room's furniture, 2) banging of cabinets, 3) slamming of doors. 4) loud drunken conversation.
It's almost 0200 in the morning- no sign of letting up.
I called in complaints to the front desk. Minimal improvement afterwards.
Cheaply constructed rooms; with paper- thin walls.
Additionally, there are a couple of hygeine issues: 1) the sheets smell rancid.
The bathroom floors & shower curtains stink.
Any time I need to seriously consider checking out dead tired, in the middle of the night- to me that qualifies as a TERRIBLE room stay.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank xerophytic
PetraRissanen, Front Office Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Pasila, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Dear Sir, first of all we would like to thank you for your feedback. All the feedback is important to us to improve our services. We are truly sorry to hear about your negative experience at our hotel. We apologize the noice from the other rooms and lack of cleanliness.

Hopefully your trip to Helsinki was otherwise a nice experience and we hope that you still trust to our hotel.

Best regards,
Anna-Liisa Aarti
Hotel Manager

Travellers are raving about these Helsinki hotels

Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

The rooms are quite basic and the location is not the best but can be reached easily by tram from the city centre. Anyway, the hotel is good value for the money. Moreover, the breakfast buffet is excellent.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
PetraRissanen, Guest Relations Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Pasila, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
Thank you for your feedback and taking your time to write this review. We hope to see you as our guest in a near future again!
Seinajoki, Finland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

I have been spend plenty of time in this hotel. I like it, because it´s simple and good enough for me.It´s located little bit far away from center, but there is tram going right from the hotel to city center. It takes about 20-30 minutes travel to city. The railway station of Pasila is also located quite a near, about 10 minutes by foot.

Rooms for one person are very small. If you like to have more room, ask for twin room with bath.

Few times, when i have had some problems with my room, I have got excellent service in the Hotel Pasila.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
PetraRissanen, Guest Relations Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Pasila, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
Thank you very much for your kind feedback regarding our hotel.
We hope to see you as our guest again in the near future!
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

We, two adults and two chidren aged 6 and 7 arrived at 9 pm. We booked on booking.com. An already upset receptionist who must have had a very bad day gave us the room key with polite words but her body language was saying the opposite. In the room there were two single beds and the sofa as we expected but bed linen only for two. So I went down to complain but there was a lady before me who did not speak English but nevertheless it was possible to understand she has the same problem: three beds, three people but only two beds made. The receptionist did not understand her so I helped but instead of thanking, the receptionist got even more upset, now not even hiding it. I told her the story and she told me to show her my comfirmation which I did. She insisted that the room was reserved for two so I showed her that my confirmation says: Family room for 2 adults plus two children. She insisted still that the children were supposed to sleep in the bed of the parents (which is by the way impossible with two children of such age) or I should pay extra for the suplementary bed. Howeverer, the reservation clearly stated that no supplemetary bed was possible and it was made for four and the second double bed (sofa) was there so I could not understand what the misunderstanding could be. Nevertheless, after a final climax of arguing I stated that I have nothing against problems, all can be solved but the tone of the lady behind the desk was really unacceptable. She did apologise and after the dinner in the restaurant the bed was made and even some nice small presents were prepared for the children so we could finally go to bed at around 11. This happy ending could nevertheless not really wake our good mood anymore even though the room was fine and breakfast as well was good. After our fantastic stay in Finland this last night was more like a nightmare. Otherwise hotel facilities are fine, hotel looks old from the outside and inside as well but it is still in good shape.
I would honestly recommend the lady at the reception desk to change profession and urge the management of the hotel to make it clear in Booking.com reservations what exactly is included in the price. We were informed that this was not the first time when the reservation clearly states that the room is for more people but the onfirmation going to the hotel shows only 2...
I don't think we would ever return to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
PetraRissanen, Guest Relations Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Pasila, responded to this review, 11 August 2013
First of all I would like to thank you for your time to write this review. We are more than sorry to hear that beginning of your stay was not the way you expected. We will discuss with the staff and housekeeping about these problems. If guest is not sure what kind of room will be he has reserved, we are more than happy to response all your questions also in advance. I will send feedback to our revenue management who takes care of booking.com site about this matter. Hopefully your trip to Helsinki was otherwise a nice experience.
Turku
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

Stayed here with family after visiting Korkeasaari. The price for our stay was moderate and overall we enjoyed our stay at the hotel. The best thing was the playroom on the second floor where our kids (5 & 2 years old) really had a good time. The hotelroom was ok, but a bit worn and dirty with potato chips on the floor and dirty glasses in the minibar. The children enjoyed the fact that the room had a bathtub. The restaurant Sevilla located at the ground floor wasn´t to our satisfaction as service was very slow. We had just main courses and it took in total 1 hour 45 minutes.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
PetraRissanen, Guest Relations Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Pasila, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
First of all we would like to thank you for your feedback. All the feedback is important to us to improve our services. It would be very important to let us know during your stay if there is something in your room that does not satisfy you, so that we could make our best to fix it. I apologise a slow service in the restaurant. I will take your feedback to our restaurant manager and we will discuss about this matter.
We hope to see you as our guest again in the near future!
Oulu, Finland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

I have stayed at Sokos Hotel Pasila (named more recently Original Sokos Hotel Pasila) at least 20 times during the past two and half years. All stays have been business / work related. The rooms are generally quite ascetic but some of them have a bath tube. Breakfast is quite typical Finnish hotel breakfast: bacon, scrambled eggs, sausages, vegeatables etc. - nothing special. I have never tried the sauna compartment. Once last spring there was one major drawback when I had a room booked to this hotel: the room was given away to another person even though it was guaranteed by a credit card. The hotel staff arranged me another room at the city center. However, no compensation of any kind was ever presented to me. To summarize: there are certainly better places to stay in Helsinki but for me the location of this hotel is perfect. However, the room rates are often rather high for some reason.

Room Tip: Consider getting the "S card" if you stay a lot in Sokos hotels. It pays itself back reall...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tero L
First of all we would like to thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that your room has been given away last spring even though the booking was guaranteed by credit card. I apologise that and I hope you will still consider our hotel as an option to stay in Helsinki.