1,048 results
All reviewsrooftop baramerican barart decotallest buildingtop floorhistorical hoteljugend stylebeautiful roombig roomnice staybars and restaurantsthe heart of the citysingle roomsuperior roommini barexcellent locationbreakfast room
Reviewed 24 May 2012

The Sokos Torni is a middle range business hotel in the centre of Helsinki. The building is old but decently renovated. The rooms are sufficiently spacious and have no carpet, a feature I like very much for hygiene reasons. TV is good, safe is too small. WiFi is included. The main drawback is the too small bathroom. It is difficult to stand in front of the mirror to shave because there is not enough space next to the toilet.
Staff is nice and professional. Breakfast ok but nothing special. Seem difficult to buy normal eggs in Helsinki to make normal scrambled eggs.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Spent 1 night there my fiancé and I, celebrating his 30 year birthday. The check-in was smooth and Ulla was very welcoming. Our room, 409 on 4th floor was in the end of the hallway and very quiet from the hotel side but there was some noise coming from the street. Not disturbingly much anyhow. We had a suite including bath tub and balcony. The bath tub did unfortunately not fit 2 persons which we had hoped but the bathroom was classy and nice anyway. Lot's of amenities they had, like body lotion, shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, vanity kit, shower cap, toothbrush and razor set etc. There was a blowdryer as well and well enough towels, 2 bathrobes and 2 pairs of slippers. The entrance had sufficient closets and an ironing board and safe. The salon had a flatscreen TV, writing desk, small sofa and table in the salon. We liked the material of the furniture and the colour scheme. Thedouble curtains let in light when needed and kept out the light when needed. The entrance to the balcony was from the salon and was narrow and the balcony itself undistinguished. The only thing decorating it was a small tree. No chairs, table or anything. I was dissapointed. The size of the balcony was maybe 1x3 meters with wobbly floor. There was no other view except for to the street Yrjönkatu. The bedroom we really fancied, huge flatscreen TV in front of a king size double bed. Finally a hotel with sufficient amount of pillows! =)
The bed was supercomfortable and kept us sleeping in just the right temprature. As we had booked the suite we were able to choose breakfast delivered to our room. It was a more narrow selection that one can find in the breakfast buffet. It included natural youghurt, muesli, 1 glass of orange juice per pers., coffee/tea, 2 croissants, white & dark bread with some plate of cheeses, eggies and ham's. I was missing drinking water. Of course one can drink tapwater as well but in Helsinki it tastes to chlorineFor a bigger variety, I suggest you go down to the buffet. The WiFi was free and the minibar expensive. A small piccolo of red wine 10 EUR, can of Cola 4 EUR etc.
We loved the bed and 1 night experience of luxury and didn't really dislike anything. Was just missing something to sit on on the balcony =) Go here for above the average experience and visiting the Panorama bar on the 14th floor is a MUST! =)

Room Tip: We stayed in room 409, 4th floor with view only to the building across the street and the street Yrjönkatu. You need to be on floors 6 and higher to be able to have a view over Helsinki.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Since I relied heavily on tripadviser reviews for selecting hotels during my recent trip, it's only fair that I return the favor because the reviews were spot on. The location is great, breakfast is great, and the roof top bar is awesome. Our room was large and clean, and the service was great. Everything is within walking distance from this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I stayed for two nights on business - my room was small, on the ground floor, and overlooked an air conditioning unit - nice! That said, it had everything I needed - a comfortable (single, but quite large) bed, TV, free WiFi, minibar and an immaculately clean bathroom. All the staff we encountered were friendly (although I did ask the concierge how best to get to our offices, gave him the address, and he directed us to the wrong place!).

We had a drink at the rooftop bar - lovely views although chilly, and ate fish and chips in the Irish bar - delicious chips, but overcooked fish.

The hotel itself is clean but some of the decor and fixtures and fittings are a bit dated and could do with a refresh. I would stay again on business (but mainly because it is so close to our office).

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We stayed four nights. Friendly staff, very nice breakfast, good beds and ok price level. Also central location. Recommended!

Stayed: April 2012