“A gem for jazzophiles”

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 96 helpful votes
“A gem for jazzophiles”
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Record stores are getting extinct, I just hope that used vinyl can save this trend.

I came to this store looking for used vinyl jazz records and was positively surprised. The selection is bigger than I expected and the prices are moderate. The CD collection is extensive as well, although one expects that this is an ailing business.

In addition to the jazz, there is a fantastic selection of world music.

Please help this store to survive, they are too rare, unfortunately!!!

I returned from this shop with 15 LPs, much to the frustration of my wife :-)

Ps. There is a sofa for the waiting partner

1 Thank Floris_71

San Jose, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great selection of jazz discs and LPs”
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Found this place completely by accident while wandering through Helsinki this week. I'm always on the lookout for a good selection of jazz CDs, and they had a ton of them, both used and new. They were playing an Eric Dolphy recording when I arrived, so no elevator jazz for these guys.

Also had quite the collection of LPs of all varieties. If I'm in Helsinki again, they'll be on my must-go list! I'll have to figure out how to get LPs home safely next time!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Fred P
Utrecht
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Favorite music store in Helsinki”
Reviewed 16 March 2009

I wandered into Digelius Music on a lazy day just before the Midsummer holiday. The man behind the counter absolutely had a passion for music, and enjoyed talking about his favorites. Since I was hoping to discover some Finnish jazz groups, he happily opened a few CDs and played them for me on the store speakers while I lounged on the sofa and other customers browsed the isles. I ended up with more CDs than I had planned to buy, however, I was so happy with my purchases and the experience in general. It is hard to just run in and run out of this store, so plan to stay for a while!

Besides a great selection of new and used jazz CDs (and other genres) from around the world, they also have a wide selection of vinyl.

3 Thank Yank0306