Travelled for business and was placed into one of the superior rooms, so perhaps the upgrade affects my overall impression. The room was huge for 1 person and the design looked more upscale than I had expected based on the photos. Not too much natural light in this particular room (the windows opened to a small courtyard), but the lamps were well placed and the light from them pleasant and adequate. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet, so good sleep quality. I'd say the only downside of the room was the lack of water heater/coffee maker (I believe I could have gotten a hot drink from the lobby, but couldn't be bothered to go see).
I've got no complaints about the fairly standard Nordic-type buffet breakfast. The lobby is much cosier in real life than on the pictures. The service was quick and the staff very friendly, although I did have to come back downstairs to ask for the Internet code/password (valid for 24 hours) after checking in initially (such a minor thing to mention really).
Overall, I would gladly stay there again based on this experience and due to the hotel's excellent central location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You'll feel at home at the newly renovated Cumulus Kaisaniemi Helsinki Hotel, with its modern and cosy atmosphere in Helsinki city centre. The hotel's location in the very centre of Helsinki only two blocks from the main railway station and across the street from a metro station makes it easy to reach the Cumulus Kaisaniemi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Cumulus Kaisaniemi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cumulus Kaisaniemi Hotel Helsinki
- Cumulus Kaisaniemi Helsinki