Open today: 14:00 - 20:00
Review Highlights
The best authentic Finnish sauna

A thoroughly authentic sauna offering - very different to the tourist experience offered by Allas... read more

Reviewed 5 December 2023
Matthew J
Very Warm, in More Ways Than One

I had a wonderful experience visiting this sauna. As a solo American stopping by, I wasn't sure... read more

Reviewed 5 July 2023
freutmich
Kansas City

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Helsinki
from £130.76
from £95.08
from £41.87
from £179.69
More Info
All reviews shower area full body bucket list lockers culture
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 June 2016

Had a great afternoon here while waiting for an incoming flight. Quick trip by metro from Helsinki Central Station, and was very pleasantly surprised. I'll definitely be returning.

2  Thank Bilyxa
Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

As a member of Finnish Sauna Society I highly recommend this particular sauna. Great place for none Finnish speakers too.

2  Thank HenriH627
Reviewed 26 June 2016

If you are hesitant because of the pictures of half-naked people drinking beer outside, don't. Kotiharjun sauna is a very simple and no non-sense facility. Although I find the heat inside the sauna to be too much to enjoy, the experience is unforgettable.

The Finns are friendly and you will sure find someone who can help answer your question (if any). I'm not sure if beer mixes well with the hot sauna (particularly when the weather outside is not very cold), so didn't give it a try. But if I had a chance to go back, would probably buy a bottle to sip outside while waiting to go back to the room.

Inside the sauna, people were quite chatty as if they knew one another (no peace, just fun). I would recommend that you bring a small towel (in addition to the big one) to sit on while seated. The bench can be pretty warm, and you should do your bum a favour.

Date of experience: May 2016
3  Thank MontfortOaks
Reviewed 16 June 2016

It was nice to visit typical sauna, meet local people with real , not fake tourist oriented emotions. Friendly woman in reception will offer you towel and drinks (not alcohol).
Not far from city center , easy to reach with metro or bus.

3  Thank klpdietis
Reviewed 7 June 2016 via mobile

I was staying in Kallio so i was right around the corner and it was easy for me to find. I went probably half an hour after they opened and already there was a large group of men in towels sitting outside. I was the only lady for a while however, and the entire hour i was there, only one other woman came in. Very relaxed and laid back vibe, i was the only american but i spoke to the local woman in the sauna, and outside to a few brits and one local. Everyone was very kind and 15€ for entrance and a towel was well worth it for my first sauna experience. To heat the room more there is something you pull on the side of the oven and the top levels are farrrr hotter than the bottom. The lockers and showers are all perfectly fine, just be ok with nudity and you'll be alright

3  Thank adelliab