Open today: 14:00 - 20:00
Review Highlights
The best authentic Finnish sauna

A thoroughly authentic sauna offering - very different to the tourist experience offered by Allas... read more

Reviewed 5 December 2023
Matthew J
Very Warm, in More Ways Than One

I had a wonderful experience visiting this sauna. As a solo American stopping by, I wasn't sure... read more

Reviewed 5 July 2023
freutmich
Kansas City

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Helsinki
from £130.28
from £94.73
from £41.72
from £179.03
More Info
All reviews shower area full body bucket list lockers culture
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

I enjoyed the people I met their! As far as the experience, I can say I did it. My hotel had a sauna, and I could have saved myself time and money using it. I wanted to visit for the scrub, because in my mind it was going to be like the scrubs I get at the Korean Spa(full on body exfoliating). It wasn't. Basically, I received a sponge bath with a washcloth and had my hair washed.

If you really want to go, and you drink beer, definitely bring your own. You store it in a refrigerated cooler just inside the front door. Definitely get good and hot in the sauna, take a break with a cold beer, and then back to the sauna, and repeat. Skip the scrub!

Date of experience: September 2016
3  Thank 630mchica
Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

It is suppose to be one if the best public saunas in Helsinki. I did not find it worth going. It is run down, bad kept place which shows turned into a cash cow to the owners with no investment to improve client experience. You walk in and are charged what is stated on their site. 12 Euros ( as per site entrance fee 10 Euros and 2 Euros for a towel) after paying they say 3 Euros for a towel. It was not a good first impression. The changing area is extremely run down. Lickers old and never had maintenance at least in the last few decades. Shower area ok, but not impressive. Sauna ok, old with some character. It is really hit as the Finish line, so as a tourist you will stay max. 10 minutes and walk out. After shower, you expect for a rest area, there ate two tables at the corner of the changing area, very uncomfortable. Alternative is a wall on the street that people use a bench to cool down. I mean on the public road. Overall not impressive, run down and I did not understand why the city of Helsinki recommends such a place for a tourist.

Date of experience: September 2016
3  Thank LucianoBorghesiF
Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

Awesome vibe - went on a cold, rainy night. Sitting in the sauna, then throwing on (just) a towel to drink some beers on the street with the locals was almost surreal (def more lax nudity and public drinking laws than Canada!!!) Would definitely recommend to anyone.

*bring your own beers - they even have a fridge you can keep them in till you want them! However, if you forget you can buy them there.

Date of experience: July 2016
2  Thank Allison H
Reviewed 30 June 2016

Had a great afternoon here while waiting for an incoming flight. Quick trip by metro from Helsinki Central Station, and was very pleasantly surprised. I'll definitely be returning.

Date of experience: June 2016
2  Thank Bilyxa
Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

As a member of Finnish Sauna Society I highly recommend this particular sauna. Great place for none Finnish speakers too.

Date of experience: June 2016