Open today: 14:00 - 20:00
Review Highlights
The best authentic Finnish sauna

A thoroughly authentic sauna offering - very different to the tourist experience offered by Allas... read more

Reviewed 5 December 2023
Matthew J
Very Warm, in More Ways Than One

I had a wonderful experience visiting this sauna. As a solo American stopping by, I wasn't sure... read more

Reviewed 5 July 2023
freutmich
Kansas City

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Helsinki
from £130.76
from £95.08
from £41.87
from £179.69
More Info
All reviews shower area full body bucket list lockers culture
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 March 2018

Typical traditional Finnish smoked sauna with 1500 kg of stones in the stove. Perfect place to experinece sauna with locals.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

I am trying to go through all the public saunas in Helsinki and this is probably the most authentic, the only one with a genuine wood sauna. Also very nice location. The lockers are slightly old and not maintained and the office downstairs smells funky. The showers are ok and you have the possibility of having a wash lafy was you. ( on certain days) the sauna here is big so convenient for bigger groups. For a tourist, i would rather recomend sauna hermanni, more cozy and less run down.

Date of experience: January 2018
2  Thank AnnaEsk
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

One of the nicest saunas in Helsinki. It's 13€ entry.
Make sure you alternate between the sauna and sitting out in the cold with a beer! Very cool :)

Date of experience: December 2017
2  Thank Yonas M
Reviewed 6 August 2017

the good thing about travel is that every experience is different. Walking up to the entrance of this place with all the men sitting outside in their towels can be confronting for those that have never done it, but walk past them and smile...they are all chatting and in a good mood. You pay your 13 euro entrance (price at time of writing this) and given no explanation of anything, so you need to ask. I asked about the complete body scrub and the man said I had to pay the lady sitting opposite. so I paid her 10 euro and she said she would get to me in about one hour. I walked up the stairs and on the first level is the ladies door entrance as marked. I walked in and put all my things into the wooden cabinets and locked the door. went through one of two doors (one goes directly to sauna and the other to the wash room but they are not marked in english, so you go to the one on the right side). you wet yourself under shower and then go into the sauna (there is a door in the shower room). the stairs are concrete and warm, so you need to grab the small wooden blocks that are there to sit on, even the wooden row right at the top are hot, so you may want your towel to sit on. a few stints in the sauna and wash and then the lady arrived. She put me on a table (she was still clothed by the way...which is the first time that has happened, I have been in many hamams and wash rooms and the lady has always been unclothed). She uses a brush to wash and scrub you (the liquid she uses looks like and smells like dish washing liquid but nice lemon smell). It is not as thorough scrub as I am used to with other body washes with exfoliating mits. Good for different experience. Not as good as the turkish hamams...but that is why you try different things

Date of experience: August 2017
3  Thank travellingjak60
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

I came here with a group of fellow tourists to have a sauna experience for the first time - so I can't compare this with any other sauna. However it was such a pleasant experience, very serene in the sauna room and plenty of space for changing/showering. The atmosphere was great, everyone seemed comfortable with some naked and some in swimsuits. We cooled off in the shower area, but plenty others went downstairs to get some cooler air outside.

Date of experience: July 2017