Open today: 14:00 - 20:00

Reviewed 23 March 2023
MissyTMaggee
Hounslow, United Kingdom
via mobile

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Helsinki
from £130.76
from £95.08
from £41.87
from £179.69
More Info
All reviews shower area full body bucket list lockers culture
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 July 2023

I had a wonderful experience visiting this sauna. As a solo American stopping by, I wasn't sure what to expect. But everyone was so kind. The guy at the front desk patiently explained how things worked, and I was so pleased when the other patrons were willing to speak English with me. We had conversations about life in Finland and the cultural significance of saunas, and they asked me questions about American politics. Everyone was so warm and welcoming. The sauna itself was super hot but incredibly relaxing. I can't recommend this sauna enough. It was a highlight of my time in Finland.

Date of experience: June 2023
Reviewed 23 March 2023 via mobile

I cannot recommend this place more. Very friendly and helpful to the tourist who has no idea how things work. The place is quirky and full of character. Make sure you come on a day when there is a lady waiting to scrub u down. Cannot recommend it enough

Date of experience: March 2023
1  Thank MissyTMaggee
Reviewed 28 February 2023 via mobile

Well what an experience this was.
Having only ever been in a sauna in a UK gym this was a whole new “wow” moment.
Almost 100 years old.
Many elements probably unchanged in that time including the delightful wooden lockers and the showers that resembled something out of a Harry Potter film at Hogwarts!
Drinks available & you can take your own.
Very friendly locals/regulars will guide you in Finnish sauna etiquette, quite mind blowing to me, but basically as others have said, I’d take note of the following…
The top decks in the huge sauna area are the hottest. Frankly 3 steps up was hot enough for me but also allowed me to stay in there for a few stints of about 10 minutes each. Ask the others in there before you put more water in the furnace. Don’t be afraid to chat, it’s a place to be friends as well as relax and most will speak English as well as Finnish. Go outside to cool off, no Baltic Sea here but the day I went it was around -4c so just as invigorating in nothing more than a towel sat out on the street. I’d take a towel with you but they can be hired at the front desk. Use the little wooden slatted seats provided as well as flip flops in the changing rooms as the solid stone seating and floor gets very hot on your bum and feet.
And the life changer…everyone in the male sauna is naked which is normal In single sex saunas in Finland. I went in with my towel first time and then gained my nerve and left my towel in the shower area as I realised it could get dirty as well as damp in the sauna. Once you realise you’re all equals in the beautiful heat of this traditional sauna, you lose your inhibitions and go with the flow!
I’m not sure it’s my thing to be this “au naturel ” in a public setting but it was extremely liberating and it’s by far the best sauna I’ve ever been in as for starters it was a proper dry and hot heat.
Highly recommended if nothing else to tick it off your bucket list.
Maybe next time I’m in Finland I will go to a sauna where you can cook off in the Baltic!

Date of experience: February 2023
3  Thank AngloItalian78
Reviewed 29 January 2023 via mobile

Definitely worth a visit, authentic and if you are going on a Thursday or Saturday, the full body scrub at €12 is well worth it.

We didn't go with friends as planned as the ladies sauna was closed for a few weeks for repairs so I went alone.

It's a traditional sauna so no clothes in the sauna itself. You wear a towel or robe (bring your own or you can hire there) if going outside.

Good fun chatting to other sauna goers outside on the street, bring your own beers or buy cans there for just €3.50

Date of experience: January 2023
Reviewed 14 March 2022

Dear Sir I thank you very much for help me , and I thank you very much Dear Sir allow me Share in your Website about : Travels to Helsinki in Finland , and I thank you very much Dear Sir allow me make Civil Servant have Older Women's Naked Beautiful Nice in Finnish Sauna Culture after you agree my Dear Sir .......

Date of experience: March 2022