“High expectation, low return”
Review of Casa Largo

Casa Largo
Ranked #218 of 1,489 Restaurants in Helsinki
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The Spanish heart of Helsinki! Casa Largo is a modern Spanish restaurant with a bar, a tapas bar and a restaurant as well as an intimate wine bar.
Helsinki, Finland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“High expectation, low return”
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

We ordered the Tapas plate "Surtido de Tapas calientes" for two persons. In general no complaints regarding the food and I would have rated it higher but 70% was olives and tomatoes.

• Visited November 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Victoria, Canada
“Loved the (large) tapas plate”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Comfortable restaurant, pleasant ambiance, good service. My wife and I shared a tapas plate which we thoroughly enjoyed.

Visited May 2013
“We don't understand the previous two negative reviews”
Reviewed 28 December 2012 via mobile

We were worried when we read the negative reviews, as we already sat down and ordered our food when we read them..
The waitress was extremely nice and attentive, the food (paella - recommended, spicy sausages, mussels and meat balls - Skip the meat balls tho) was quite good.. We had far worse tapas in Spain... All in all we enjoyed our food and the service..
Something must have been very wrong during the visits of the previous reviewers.. We did not share their experience..

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Go somewhere else if you want good food”
Reviewed 27 December 2012

The good thing: it's in the centre next to the train station.
We ran out of options on Boxing Day, a hamburger or pizza would have been the better choice.
The atmosphere is good, the service not bad at all, but the food's simply terrible.
Overpriced, bad value for money.
A starter of tapas (meat): mostly dried out, the warm chorizo ok.
Dinner salad: greens drained in lemon juice
Lamb skewer was ok, the side salad too cold and sour with lemon.
Top up with 2 hot chocolates: some darkish sugary drink @5,30 euro each.
Disappointed, 75 euro lighter and still hungry.
Save 10 euro and go to Kolme Kruunua!

• Visited December 2012
“Okay food but where's the service???”
Reviewed 3 December 2012

I've visited this restaurant few years ago and had a good feeling about it. Well... The starters (escargots in chili-garlic butter) were delicious. The problem was there was a hole in the middle of the bread that was served with them. The staff wondered why would I wan't another piece but got it when reguested.
The main course (liver) would've been good if it was well-done and warm. In this case you couldn't help but to notice the portion had been waiting for some time. It's a shame a good portion had been ruined this way.
I also ordered a desert and mentioned I would need to catch a train in 30 minutes. No problem, I was told. After 20mins of waiting I had to cancel my order so I would catch the train. "Oh you need to catch a train?" No apologies. Just the invoice.
I have nowadays got used to good service in Helsinki but this was really a big disappointment. Ignorant personnel and too little kitchen staff, not a good combination. I might give it another try but would concider twice before going.