“Helsinki Highlights on Bikes Tour”

Happy Guide Helsinki
US$23.92*
Design Walking Tour of Helsinki
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Happy Guide Helsinki offers guided activities in Helsinki and Southern Finland. We have daily options the whole year around. What is common for all of them they are offered the sunny and sustainable way :) We have city and themed walking tours, bicycle tours and we show you the real Helsinki how we locals live and love it: enjoying the effective and eco-friendly public transport network of Helsinki. You can join us for public tours from Free Walking Tour weekends to daily tram and bike tours to private guide services. For everything there is a sustainable tour solution!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Happy Tours Helsinki has two sites where you can start the tour, so it does not matter where you are staying in Helsinki-it should not be too far a way to get to the start point. My friend and I walked to the bike shop in less than 15 minutes. The bike tour is a great way to see Helsinki and learn the history of the area. Our guide, Anssi, was very informative, pleasant and accomodating. We had already been on a walking tour and seen some of the sights such as Senate square. He still took us there for the benefit of a couple of other riders who had not been there before, but he also took us to areas that we had not been and I had mentioned that I would like to see. In addition, although it is not mentioned in the description of the tour, for no extra cost, we were treated to coffee, (or another drink of our choice) and a not excessively sweet spice cake. SInce, I am not a coffee drinker, I chose the berry juice. It was excellent. My friend said the coffee was also very good. The biking is not strenuous and we saw sights that we might have missed on our own.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I rode on the short tour (3-4 hours) during a long layover at the Vantaa airport. Anssi was a great tour leader, working to make everyone comfortable and giving details about where we were and what we were seeing. I especially enjoyed the stop of cake and coffee (included in the price). It was a good opportunity to get to know the other riders, all of whom were from other parts of the world. There are a few hills on the route, but the ride overall was quite easy, with gorgeous views and lots of fresh air.

For those who want to try to squeeze a tour in during a layover: there are luggage lockers in the lowest level of terminal 2. You can also leave luggage with a manned service across from the lockers. I got a large locker for 6 euros. Then it was upstairs and out the door where the 615 shuttle bus stops. I bought the ticket on board and went all the way to the main station downtown. Then a short shuttle ride over to the starting point. They will give you directions by email. I made it from the plane to the bike tour in about an hour (no checked bags to pick up).

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Did a bike tour with Anssi in the beginning of August and it was great. He was very knowledgable about the history and culture of Helsinki and lead a great tour. This is the perfect way to see a city and the 3 hour tour was a fairly easy ride that took in many of the sites we wanted to see in Helsinki. Would definitely recommend this tour.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Our family of 4 had a fabulous time on our bike tour of Helsinki. Our guides were awesome. They were so friendly and enjoyable to be with. They were knowledgeable and had a great sense of humor at the same time. While the bike ride was not strenuous, we did probably ride for about 7 miles or more. We made several stops for pics. I HIGHLY recommend this tour!

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

We had an awesome time on the beer sightseeing tour of Helsinki. Daniela our guide was friendly, fun and really knowledgeable. We visited 3 breweries along the way as well as taking in loads of sights in and around Helsinki. The beers were great and Daniela obviously knows her stuff and loves beer. Make sure you eat before though as the tasters are quite generous. It was such a fun way to explore a city. Highly recommended