“Great Value and Reasonable Location for Centre”

Radisson Blu Seaside Hotel, Helsinki
Ranked #28 of 65 Hotels in Helsinki
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Great Value and Reasonable Location for Centre”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Nice comfortable business / tourist hotel overlooking the harbour and around 5 minutes via tram to the centre or 14 minute walk.

Helpful staff and good breakfast - very clean and whilst my room was a little on the small side it was all very comfortable and convenient - wi fi included as well - Would recommend it

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Recepti0n, Service Manager at Radisson Blu Seaside Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Antony100,

a good feedback is always the best reward for the job well done, especially when we get it from an experienced traveller like you! So on behalf of our whole staff I would like to thank you and also wish you a very nice summer!

I hope we'll see you here again, when your travels bring you back to Helsinki!

Service Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bingley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We booked this back in january as a standard room and then I received an Email saying book business class and save 20% so duly upgraded for a few Euros per night. This was so worth it as the room was at the very front overlooking the harbour and had a separate bedroom and living area. The mattresses and sleep quality were good.

We arrived from the Silja ferry at about 11am on the Tuesday and were rather hoping we could leave our bags - even better the room was ready so we moved straight in. The hotel is conveniently located for the number 6 tram that takes you into town in a few minutes (and on to Arabia if you like their designs and want to get things at outlet prices!) - we purchased a 3 day tram pass for 16 Euros which was great value rather than buying the Helsinki card as we prefer to do our own thing and a visit couple of attractions well rather than rush to get value from a card such as the Helsinki card.

We ate in the restaurant and on the first night this was very good but on the second night it was a bit slow and the food a bit cool. Unlike many hotel restaurants this place does have a bit of atmosphere and does get busy.

Breakfast is in another room - a large buffet which was well topped up but no special order items such as fried eggs or omelettes which is a shame but the room does handle a lot of people very well.

Overall the staff were lovely and the hotel was great for the price - it does get very busy in the summer with tours so it pays to book in advance.

Room Tip: Worth the upgrade
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Recepti0n, Service Manager at Radisson Blu Seaside Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear user NigelG2000,

We appreciate you taking the time and writing us such a nice and extensive review. Thank you for the top ratings too!

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and were happy with your Business Class room along with the service at the hotel. Great that you also visited our Restaurant Viola and enjoyed the food, however I apologize for the second night’s mishaps. Viola has some nice hustle and bustle especially now as we have our renewed Helsinki inspired menu and one of the sunniest terraces of the city.

There are many alternatives for the Helsinki visitors to explore the city and I am happy to see you had found the best option for you and taken advantage of the 3-day tram pass.

We hope to get to see you again here at the Radisson Blu Seaside hotel when your travels bring you to the area. Have a lovely summer time!

With kind regards,
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights. As a result of a snafu with my reservation via booking.com, I was upgraded from a family to a superior room at no extra charge. Breakfast was excellent.

While it may seem a bit out of the way, the no. 6 tram stops in front of the hotel, and it takes less than 5 minutes to reach the center. Walking will take 15 minutes at a leisurely pace.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dberis
Recepti0n, Service Manager at Radisson Blu Seaside Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear dberis,

I would like to thank you for your kind and valuable review. It is good to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and that your stay with us was pleasant. I am also glad that we were able to solve the misunderstanding with your reservation by upgrading you in to our Superior class.

I would like to wish you a lovely summer and I hope that we'll see you here again, when your travels bring you back to Helsinki.

Sydney
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here by myself at the end of June for 3 nights.
I had booked a standard room, but when I arrived, they had overbooked and there were no standard rooms left. Although this was annoying, it worked to my advantage as I got an upgrade to a superior room, for a very reasonable price.
The room was clean, big, had a French balcony and was very quiet.
It was on the 5th floor.
The staff that checked me in (I think her name was Annika) was very pleasant, friendly and helpful.
The hotel itself is about a 15minute walk from the city centre (it's a nice walk), or you can catch the number 6 tram that is directly outside the hotel and takes you about 5minutes to get to the city Central station.
Breakfast was really good! It's available from 6am - 11am, and there's a very big selection.
I also had dinner in the hotel restaurant and the food was pretty good, although a little expensive.
The hotel also has a sauna, which is pretty cool - however, I didn't really have the time to use it and it opens from 5pm.
There's also a supermarket literally around the corner from the hotel.
Overall, I really enjoyed my stay here.
The price is amazing for the service and quality you get!
It's about a 30minute drive from the airport to the hotel.
You can get an airport taxi from the airport to the hotel for a flat rate of 29.50 euro, which is pretty good considering if you were to get a normal taxi from the airport it would cost you around 40 - 50 euro.
Helsinki is a beautiful city!
Thanks for the pleasant stay, Seaside hotel!
I'll definitely be staying here again when I'm ever in Helsinki again!

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Lanananaetc
Dear user Lanananaetc,

thank you for your kind review. I am happy that you enjoyed our Superior room, Super Breakfast and that your stay overall was pleasant and enjoyable. Also, it is always nice to hear good feedback about our staff and I will forward your greetings to Annika too!

We are looking forward to have you here again, when you return to Helsinki. Have a nice summer!

Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We had confirmed reservations for 4 people (4 rooms), however only 2 rooms where available when we arrived in the middle of the night. We booked a taxi for 5 persons (one more colleague joining) for the next morning, however the hotel send a wrong request to taxi company so that we had to use and pay for 2 taxis to the airport.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear user Bernd R,

Thank you for your feedback. I am really sorry to hear that we had made mistakes with your booking and taxi arrangement. On behalf of our entire staff, I sincerely apologize for these unfortunate mishaps.

Hopefully in the future we will get another chance to welcome you to the Radisson Blu Seaside hotel. I would like to wish you a lovely summer time!

With kind regards,
Turin, Italy
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I have been in this hotel for two nights during June 2014, in a business trip. The check in was fast and easy, the room big enough and quite clean. There was a good wifi connection free of charge. The breakfast was OK, nothing special but with the right food. The position is walking distance from the downtwon. The restaurant inside, for dinner, was excellent even if a little bit too expensive. The sauna was clean and functioning well but really essential. In general this hotel is on line with the Radisson quality, that is always quite good.

1 Thank RobyRamone
Recepti0n, Service Manager at Radisson Blu Seaside Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear user RobyRamone,

thank you for your positive and factual review. I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed our hotel facilities and the quality of services. We always look for ways to improve our operations and that is one of the reasons why we appreciate our guests' feedback. Our Restaurant Viola has just renewed its menu and is now offering a variety of traditional delicacies, modern flavors and trendy snacks. The new Helsinki inspired menu is designed to suit different tastes and budgets. Hopefully you will find your new favorites from the menu as well next time when visiting us!

We wish to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Seaside and Restaurant Viola. Have a great summer!

With best regards,
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Overall this hotel is best described as "grubby". It's a bit run down and it's a bit on the edge of town and it's a bit neglected.

Within my room I was grossed out by the filthy chair and the proof the room had hardly been cleaned from the previous guest as there was some dirty 'door hanger' with stains and handwritten notes right there on the chair. On a positive, the bathroom was clean.

The room door opening outwards into the corridor made me feel like I was staying in a prison - odd design idea. There's no water left for guests and the minibar charges 4.60 Euros for a little bottle!

The buffet breakfast is very good so get out of the room at the earliest opportunity to enjoy that. Impressed to see variety of loose leaf tea on offer.

The blackout curtains do work (although were also filthy) and the room is a fair size. I did sleep OK but I wouldn't return as the dirt level is too bad.

Dear user AboutLondon,

thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that your stay with us didn't go as well as expected. Your feedback is important to us and I have already forwarded it to our management. These issues faced are simply unacceptable.

In Finland the water from the tap is drinkable, so therefore we don't have any complimentary waterbottles in our rooms.

I hope that someday we get another chance to see you as our guest, so we can meet or even exceed your expectations.