“Not what we expected”

Ranked #28 of 64 Hotels in Helsinki
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Not what we expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

This hotel did not meet our expectations. Whilst staff were great, the room was very strange. Our actual room was well equipped and the beds were very comfy but the bathroom was something you'd expect to find in a Greek self catering apartment. It was very basic with black mildew in the grout of the tiles and the bath was scratched with some brown staining. This is not what we'd expect in a 4 star hotel. Breakfast wasn't great and lacked the options we'd found at other hotels during our trip round Scandinavia. There's some nice bars and restaurants in the area but I wouldn't return to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank meltyourheart
Recepti0n, Service Manager at Radisson Blu Seaside Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear user meltyourheart,

Thank you for reviewing the Radisson Blu Seaside hotel. We are delighted to hear you were happy with the service and the room equipment. I would like to apologize that the bathroom was lacking in cleanliness. The housekeeping management is reading these reviews as well so they will take appropriate actions concerning the cleaning.

On behalf of the entire staff, I would like to thank you for choosing Seaside hotel for your stay and hope you had a good time during your Helsinki visit. Have a great summer!

With best regards,
Service Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Good breakfast and nice location, but there was some uncomfortable smell in the room ( as well as in many other rooms as we found out later). No air conditioning). Not all rooms have windows that can be opened. We tried to take bikes but we were told to check if there's a key in a bike, because they don't know where it is. It also turned out that only first three hours of bike rent were free. Room furniture is old and everything has lots of scratches. The room is far from being cozy. And Viola restaurant deserves a special mention. Salmon soup was ok, although nothing special, but the seaside pizza was as terrible as it could be, it was absolutely impossible to eat.

Recepti0n, Serivice Manager at Radisson Blu Seaside Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear user Жанна С,

Thank you for your feedback. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and liked the location of the hotel. However I am sorry to hear you were not satisfied with your stay and apologize for the inconveniences faced. The time limit of 3 hours for the bikes has been set to ensure that as many guests as possible who are interested in borrowing the bikes could enjoy this service.

I hope you enjoyed your visit in Helsinki and that we would get the chance of welcoming back you also to Radisson Blu Seaside in the future. Have a lovely summer time!

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Checked in today (08.07.2014). After checking in found Hotel do not have Air-conditioning. Room temperature very high and was unbearable. Requested for fan and was told by front desk staff that they can provide only one fan. When confronted as we were having separate child bed were provided with two fans.

Room safe not working and was informed that cannot be repaired as no staff available. Was asked to keep valuables in locker near reception.

Found toilet flush not working. Complained no one attended. The worst hotel I have stayed in Europe.

Avoid booking and staying in the hotel. Better options are available in Helsinki. Third rated hotel with third rated staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BiplabSaha
Recepti0n, Service Manager at Radisson Blu Seaside Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear user BiplabSaha,

Thank you for giving us feedback. I am very sorry to hear that your stay did not go well at all and we did not succeed in attending to your needs. The issues mentioned have been brought to our management’s attention and the front desk personnel have been notified about your feedback as well.

I sincerely apologize on behalf of our entire staff for all the unpleasantness you faced. I would like to wish you and your family a lovely summer time!

With kind regards,
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Nice comfortable business / tourist hotel overlooking the harbour and around 5 minutes via tram to the centre or 14 minute walk.

Helpful staff and good breakfast - very clean and whilst my room was a little on the small side it was all very comfortable and convenient - wi fi included as well - Would recommend it

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Recepti0n, Service Manager at Radisson Blu Seaside Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Antony100,

a good feedback is always the best reward for the job well done, especially when we get it from an experienced traveller like you! So on behalf of our whole staff I would like to thank you and also wish you a very nice summer!

I hope we'll see you here again, when your travels bring you back to Helsinki!

Bingley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We booked this back in january as a standard room and then I received an Email saying book business class and save 20% so duly upgraded for a few Euros per night. This was so worth it as the room was at the very front overlooking the harbour and had a separate bedroom and living area. The mattresses and sleep quality were good.

We arrived from the Silja ferry at about 11am on the Tuesday and were rather hoping we could leave our bags - even better the room was ready so we moved straight in. The hotel is conveniently located for the number 6 tram that takes you into town in a few minutes (and on to Arabia if you like their designs and want to get things at outlet prices!) - we purchased a 3 day tram pass for 16 Euros which was great value rather than buying the Helsinki card as we prefer to do our own thing and a visit couple of attractions well rather than rush to get value from a card such as the Helsinki card.

We ate in the restaurant and on the first night this was very good but on the second night it was a bit slow and the food a bit cool. Unlike many hotel restaurants this place does have a bit of atmosphere and does get busy.

Breakfast is in another room - a large buffet which was well topped up but no special order items such as fried eggs or omelettes which is a shame but the room does handle a lot of people very well.

Overall the staff were lovely and the hotel was great for the price - it does get very busy in the summer with tours so it pays to book in advance.

Room Tip: Worth the upgrade
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear user NigelG2000,

We appreciate you taking the time and writing us such a nice and extensive review. Thank you for the top ratings too!

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and were happy with your Business Class room along with the service at the hotel. Great that you also visited our Restaurant Viola and enjoyed the food, however I apologize for the second night’s mishaps. Viola has some nice hustle and bustle especially now as we have our renewed Helsinki inspired menu and one of the sunniest terraces of the city.

There are many alternatives for the Helsinki visitors to explore the city and I am happy to see you had found the best option for you and taken advantage of the 3-day tram pass.

We hope to get to see you again here at the Radisson Blu Seaside hotel when your travels bring you to the area. Have a lovely summer time!

With kind regards,
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights. As a result of a snafu with my reservation via booking.com, I was upgraded from a family to a superior room at no extra charge. Breakfast was excellent.

While it may seem a bit out of the way, the no. 6 tram stops in front of the hotel, and it takes less than 5 minutes to reach the center. Walking will take 15 minutes at a leisurely pace.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dberis
Recepti0n, Service Manager at Radisson Blu Seaside Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear dberis,

I would like to thank you for your kind and valuable review. It is good to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and that your stay with us was pleasant. I am also glad that we were able to solve the misunderstanding with your reservation by upgrading you in to our Superior class.

I would like to wish you a lovely summer and I hope that we'll see you here again, when your travels bring you back to Helsinki.

Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here by myself at the end of June for 3 nights.
I had booked a standard room, but when I arrived, they had overbooked and there were no standard rooms left. Although this was annoying, it worked to my advantage as I got an upgrade to a superior room, for a very reasonable price.
The room was clean, big, had a French balcony and was very quiet.
It was on the 5th floor.
The staff that checked me in (I think her name was Annika) was very pleasant, friendly and helpful.
The hotel itself is about a 15minute walk from the city centre (it's a nice walk), or you can catch the number 6 tram that is directly outside the hotel and takes you about 5minutes to get to the city Central station.
Breakfast was really good! It's available from 6am - 11am, and there's a very big selection.
I also had dinner in the hotel restaurant and the food was pretty good, although a little expensive.
The hotel also has a sauna, which is pretty cool - however, I didn't really have the time to use it and it opens from 5pm.
There's also a supermarket literally around the corner from the hotel.
Overall, I really enjoyed my stay here.
The price is amazing for the service and quality you get!
It's about a 30minute drive from the airport to the hotel.
You can get an airport taxi from the airport to the hotel for a flat rate of 29.50 euro, which is pretty good considering if you were to get a normal taxi from the airport it would cost you around 40 - 50 euro.
Helsinki is a beautiful city!
Thanks for the pleasant stay, Seaside hotel!
I'll definitely be staying here again when I'm ever in Helsinki again!

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Lanananaetc
Dear user Lanananaetc,

thank you for your kind review. I am happy that you enjoyed our Superior room, Super Breakfast and that your stay overall was pleasant and enjoyable. Also, it is always nice to hear good feedback about our staff and I will forward your greetings to Annika too!

We are looking forward to have you here again, when you return to Helsinki. Have a nice summer!