Klaus K Hotel
US$142
US$137
Travelocity
1,485 results
All reviewsdesign hotelsky loftsenvy roomtoscanini restaurantloft roomgreat designnice hotelthe breakfast areaporridgerooms are smallfinnish designexcellent locationbreakfast buffetcentral locationbusiness tripdowntown helsinkitrain station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Friendly staff, excellent Italian restaurant, in the heart of the city. Very small rooms, though.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
hotelife, Owner at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2012

Dear Ino P, thank you for making time to write your review. I am happy to see that you enjoyed our staff, restaurant and location. Regarding rooms, we have several different sized rooms ranging from 15 sqm to 55 sqm. I am certain we can find a perfect fit for you on your next stay. I wish you all the best. Marc Skvorc, General Manager

Reviewed 21 June 2012

Stayed 2 nights at Klaus K. Very pleasant stay. You have everything you need plus a feeling that some thought and care went into the design of the hotel. There are interesting details everywhere, from the magazines in the room to the unique lamps and patterned shower glass.

Breakfast is included, but we thought it nothing special by our American standards. I guess we value our toast and eggs very highly. I didnt see a toaster and the eggs were strangely salty (or cheesy?) I thought the barley porridge with rhubarb sauce was good, but my husband wished it were oatmeal. Fruit selection was poor - wish there were some berries or apricots that are in season here.

We booked a "passion queen" room. They let us check in early and gave us the equivalent mystical queen. The bed looked a little small and I realize now that 140cm (their queen bed here) is equal to the American full bed. The mattress was quite comfortable despite wishing it were a few inches wider. Lots of cushy pillows.
And the custom bath towels were awesome.

Can't complain much about Klaus K. Not high luxury, but definitely a nice place to stay near all of the attractions.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Deena M

Dear Deena M, I am happy to read that you enjoyed our hotel. I appreciate the comments and will use them to continue to strive for improvement as it seems you like the way we are going. I hope to welcome you back when you return to Helsinki. All the best, Marc Skvorc, General Manager

Reviewed 20 June 2012 via mobile

Lovely. Bit design lead, but overall very good. Really nice Italian just be clear with starters and mains.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 14 June 2012

The Klaus K's location is just right for Helsinki. Right in the middle of the city, you can easily walk to the harbor, to sites such as the Kiasma (contemporary art museum), the Saarinen Central Railroad Station, Stockman's huge department store and other places.

Yes, the rooms are small and in fact, the bed is also small. A very large person wouldn't be comfortable. But it worked well for me. Smart decor and well-appointed, the room and bathroom functioned well. A huge bonus was the breakfast buffet: every kind of juice, meats, eggs, an assortment of fresh fruit, wonderful breads, and excellent coffee. The staff, too, was friendly and extremely helpful.

I would stay there again...

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank annaha
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We had a great stay in Klaus K. design hotel. The service was excellent, we had a very early check in without any problems.

The breakfast is also great, and our room was very clean. Bigger rooms would be nice, but the experience in total was one of the best in Helsinki.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple