“Great place downtown Helsinki” 5 of 5 bubbles

Klaus K Hotel
Ranked #15 of 63 Hotels in Helsinki
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
munich
“Great place downtown Helsinki”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

I had the pleasure to stay in this hotel this time I went to Helsinki for business. Much nicer than the other Helsinki hotels I stayed at before. Nice modern room with comfortable large bed, quiet (I had a room to the backyard). Breakfast was really good, they even served smoothies. Lot's of retaurants and shops nearby. Next time I'm back for business I plan to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

After a week of business travel it was so nice to experience such a relaxing and comfortable hotel. The location to all attractions in downtown Helsinki was perfect. I wasn't sure what to expect as I booked on line, but this facility beat all expectations.

The hotel is chic and very modern, the staff are very helpful and friendly. The room was nice, spacious and bright, large windows for lots of natural light. The bed and pillows were comfy and the shower was strong and refreshing.

For dining I highly recommend Toscanini trattoria. The food is wonderful...a little taste of Italy in the heart of Helsinki.

Room Tip: Rooms on the inside of the hotel are quieter for a more restful sleep
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Helsinki
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

I enjoyed my stay in Klaus K. Firstly, it has perfect location in the middle of the city. The decor of the hotel is different to basic chain hotels. Our room Envy King on the fifth floor, was a good size room with windows facing the Boulevard street. However, sounds from the street did not bother us. I slept extremely well. The Unikulma pillow was amazing.
I have nothing bad to say about the breakfast. I enjoyed it very much! Fresh and delicious organic food, yummy.
The staff worked well, they were helpful and nice.
If the hotel management would like to give the hotel a small face lift, I would suggest to paint the walls and change the doors, they are quite worn.

1 Thank Elizabe
Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

We truly loved this hotel. It is just a short walk from the main train station in Helsinki and conveniently very close to shops, museums, restaurants and bars.
The staff are absolutely lovely and welcoming! Our room was spacious, modern, very well appointed and quiet. We did not hear any noise from the very busy Italian restaurant on the ground floor.
We also enjoyed our breakfast every morning and, differently from the review we have just read, we thought it was perfect: the right combination of continental and cooked breakfast! When back in Helsinki, we shall stay here again.

Geneva, Switzerland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

I stayed here, luckily, for one night only. The staff is not particularly helpful or welcoming. The receptionist hardly looked at me, the bartender in The Living Room was obviously new and was thinking that being cool is more important than tending to customers.

The gym is, honestly, ridiculous for a hotel of this size (136 rooms I belief). Only 4 cardio machines! (and a few for weights) Cardio not to be used by persons taller than 1m85, the ceiling is very low, or if you are claustrophobic. The hotel has no free sauna for guests, makes it special in Finland!
The mini room is very small but OK for a night, the mattress is very good (pillows less so). The plinths are too angular for such confined space, hurt my ankles twice. WiFi OK.

But the worst part was the breakfast: unacceptable. I realize it must be the busiest time at Saturday morning at 9:45, but I never encountered a mess like this. No cutlery, no jam, no cups, and long lines everywhere of disgruntled people: there was no place to actually sit! When I managed to get a plate with a slice of bread after 10 minutes of queuing, there was no chair or sofa available, and like me there were other people desperately looking for a place to sit. There was a real big table available for 6 persons but it had signs on it that it was reserved. Several people asked if they could sit there anyway, but were rebuked by the overstressed staff. And then this loud lounge music... I decided to leave, and went around the corner of the street to a quiet coffee place to escape the madness. Can't belief I had to pay this much money for such experience!

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank BarbaraGenevaCH
hotelife, Owner at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Dear BarbaraNairobi, I am so very sorry for the experience you had last weekend. I was made aware by my team that we made several mistakes and were not able to meet the demand that we faced. It was higher demand than what we expected. I am not making excuses and I take full responsibility for what happened. I would appreciate it if you could contact me so I could make some reconciliation. I truly apologize. We are normally executing our breakfast very well as you may see in previous TA submittals. Sincerely, Marc Skvorc, General Manager
Chicago, Illinois, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

Have had great success with other Leading Design Hotels elsewhere in the world and wasn't disappointed by my experience with the Klaus K in Helsinki. Great staff that was very helpful with locations and put up with my bad attempts to speak Finnish by just speaking perfect English. Stayed in the Envy Plus located in the front (A rooms) and although the tram and street were below, was very quite quiet for a city center location. Breakfast was good but very crowded (had to eat in the bar) but was a good launching pad for exploring the city. The location, however, was perfect in the design district with multiple restaurant and bar options around the corner. Compared to the hotels around the train station, the restaurant and bar options in the design district area are a much better deal, small boutique restaurants with good food and non-chain selections. Overall all a solid experience and one I hope to come back too again soon, would definitively recommend.

Room Tip: Light is better in the A rooms.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

Nicely designed boutique hotel well located in the center of Helsinki's design district. We walked everywhere using the hotel as our base.

Staff was helpful and responsive. Room was slightly on the small side.