Klaus K Hotel
ScandicHotels.com
US$167
getaroom.com
1,499 results
All reviewsdesign hotelsky loftsenvy roomtoscanini restaurantloft roomgreat designnice hotelthe breakfast areaporridgerooms are smallfinnish designexcellent locationbreakfast buffetcentral locationbusiness tripdowntown helsinkitrain station
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Stayed for one night to get away from basic routines. Good rooms and excellent breakfast buffet. Good value for money. Location is excellent and recommend for any out-of-town visitors. Lot more character than most of the chain hotels in the city.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Hi ,

I stayed for 5 days in September 2013, my room was named as mini cooper room;
Beautiful furniture very clean and modern room .

The location is at city center just few hundred meters from railway station.
free wifi internet was included and also breakfast.

For me some negative points which i want to share;

Bed is too small for adult look like kids room :)
Breakfast is not well for Turkish people its because some taste difference i guess because people were happy while eating salmon fish at 07.00am.

in the end nice hotel .

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
hotelife, Owner at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear bjk1903Ankara, Thank you for writing your review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed many aspects about our hotel. I am sorry though that you found the bed to be too small and our breakfast did not meet your liking. We have several room types and bed sizes which we are to be transparent about on our website and other channels. We will try to improve this since perhaps you were unaware of the bed size before arriving to the hotel. With regard to our breakfast, we strive to provide a healthy and fresh offering while keeping some Nordic touches as well. I hope we can welcome you back to Klaus K some day in the future. All the best, Marc Skvorc, General Manager

Reviewed 5 October 2013

I spent 13 nights here to I think I've seen most of what it has to offer.....also I'd like to say I've traveled to more than 83 countries so I've been around

Location: Good location with Tram service literally right out front, taxi's out front and it's right off one of the main roads. There is a grocery store a short walk away and plenty of places to eat & drink & party nearby.

Room: Small with not much room around the bed (which was comfortable), if you are planning to stay more than a few days I would look elsewhere as there is VERY limited space in the room to unpack your clothes. There are two very small shelves near the safe and a small space to hang up a few things but not much more. I actually used the small ledge in the bathroom to put socks - underwear & tee shirts.
No A/C in summer (got that from several friends who had stayed before) I did think it was rather odd I turned on the heat and the radiator didn't get warm until the next morning when it was "lukewarm" not hot.
TV is on the sidewall so if you lay in bed you will be at an odd angle to watch TV unless you sit in the one chair in the room. Limited channels in English but the most frustrating was when housekeeping or the hotel sends you a message it locks your TV so if you are watching a movie it stays in a loop (read message then tried to delete it brought me back to the login page again after displaying that function doesn't work at this time so I tried saving the message and got the same result. Finally I complained to the front desk after it happened 3-4 times then they stopped sending me messages if I wanted my room to be serviced.
The only place to put your laptop in the room is a table that is uncomfortable unless you're a child as it is low to the ground and you have to lean over I don't believe the tabletop is much more than 24 inches off the floor that extra 12 inches means a lot.
An additional blanket would have been nice too.
No hot water kettle in the room either so you couldn't have a cup of tea or coffee unless you went downstairs and paid for it.

Bathroom was small but it was nice with a nice modern shower - never ran out of hot water.

Housekeeping / front desk - seems to be some communication issues, I was working nights and housekeeping would come when I was sleeping... I asked 2X at the front desk if they could come and service my room after 2pm and it never happened.

Room Service - wasn't impressed it was the same menu as the Toscani Rest. which has a very limited menu itself. Only italian food...and it was mediocre at best.

Breakfast in the morning - breakfast consists of mixed fruit / 2 types of cheese - roast beef - ham - salmon and some other smoked fish - cherry tomatoes - sprouts - lettuce - scrambled eggs - porrage - sausages (hot dogs) - soft boiled eggs (not cooked all the way through) and various breads - cookes - brownies - cereal - plain & flavored yogurt - green & black tea - coffee with orange - cranberry - apple juices. Always the same no diversity if you want eggs to order or an omelet it is extra. (Go to a major hotel chain that has a big breakfast included such as Marriott - Raddison etc and it would be included.
Few bad things about breakfast .....
1. Slow to refill things when they run out
2. Your table is cleared VERY QUICKLY, at least 80% of the time I would get up for a second cup of tea and come back and my silverware & plate were gone - I'm less than 40 feet away and they swoop in and take it which is VERY annoying.
3. With LIMITED seating in the dining area the hotel would put "reserved" tags on tables so seating was an issue - I'm sorry but if I am a hotel guest shouldn't I have priority over people coming in off the street for breakfast? If you book a business meeting or something and you have limited seating you should have the meeting in another area of the hotel and have staff there to serve the food or to ensure it doesn't run out.

Staff: Overall friendly but there were several times when I addressed them in the breakfast area and they would look right through me and not say anything. Protocol is that the hotel staff should address guests first - at the very least if I say good morning I should get a response. Also staff should have name tags or something to identify them as hotel employees.

There are two elevators.

Check-out - quick & efficient

Would I stay again - for a few days yes - for anything more than five days no.

Room Tip: Look at the room before you unpack there are different size rooms. I usually don't stay in the hotel to look out the window so if you want the view....
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Jay M, thank you very much for taking time to write your review. As you note, we have several room types/categories which equal different sizes as well. With regard to your service interaction descriptions, we did not meet your or my expectations and I am truly sorry for that. My team and I are dedicated to making your stay comfortable and enjoyable. I hope you will give us a another chance next time you are in Helsinki. All the best, Marc Skvorc, General Manager

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Good location, beautiful rooms, wonderful, tasty breakfast (blackberry smoothies, salmon & cheesecake and brownies :)), helpful and friendly staff. I loved the design of the hotel, from rooms to music choice in the lobby. The bathroom is a bit small, but it was ok for one person. Loved a small rubber ducky in a bathtub! :)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Cure_13
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Spent 3 nights on business trip in Klaus K hotel, I have booked Mini Room. The hotel is really cosy and modern. The Mini rooms are prefect for a short stay for one person, but thats all. Design is okay, but you don't have much space. Breakfast is served in the lobby. Staff is friendly and really helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business