“Very cool hotel with a warm welcome”
Review of Klaus K Hotel

Klaus K Hotel
Ranked #17 of 66 Hotels in Helsinki
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The Klaus K is, undoubtedly, a very cool and trendy design hotel. Unlike some other boutique style hotels, the staff are genuinely friendly and helpful - rather than inwardly questioning whether the guest is cool enough to stay here. The room was great, albeit I missed not having a bath in the bathroom, which was needed to warm up after being outside in the inclement Helsinki weather. An excellent central location and a breakfast second to none all combined to make this a really enjoyable stay in the Finnish capital.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steve O
TeroThynell, Manager at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Steve O,
I am so happy that you have experienced the true Klaus K spirit! Hopefully we can welcome you back soon!
Kind regards,
Tero Thynell, Rooms Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,466)

Reviewed 4 April 2014

This hotel is premised on hides of being arty and unique. My room was a suite covered with hearts featuring famous lovers, star crowd and otherwise. It's amusing and well designed. But gray color made room a bit dark. And on my arrival, most of my lighting and plugs were out due to an electrical problem. Closet space small to non existent due to arty designed minimalist rack instead of closet. Bed and pillows ample, bathroom clean and adequate, two good bathrobes, and a staff that is responsive.

Not a business class hotel especially, but a nice change from them. I was here three nights and comfortably so, once they fixed the plugs and lights after the first night.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Gabriel_Winter
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Welcome was extremely friendly, almost to the point where it might have been annoying :) But, that's probably only to me as I like to be alone. Breakfast was excellent, good variety and especially delicious cakes (cheesecake and banana cake).

The gym, for once, was adequate for my needs. There was a decent indoor bike and two treadmills.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

I chose this hotel after reading the reviewreviews here on TA, and booked 3 nights in late March. As I travelled alone, I just chose the small room, as that's usually doing the trick for me. However, the use of the space could have been much better, and at first it felt a bit like living in a big closet with a bath. A bath that I found a bit strange, but not bad. As I found out the first night the aircondition couldn't be turned off or changed so it was pretty cold. When I addressed this to the staff, they immediately got me a new room, which even had a bigger bed. World class service.

The hotel is located pretty central, close to some great restaurants, shopping centers and quite a few sights. If you take the Finnair bus to the station, it only takes 10wminutes to get there.

I also used the fitness center, and it had all that was needed. Treadmill and other things for cardio and weightweights and machines for working on your muscles.

All in all it was a great stay, and the staff is really friendly and helpful. I can recommend this, if you want good service and great location, but not so much if you are looking for big rooms (at least if you are staying in a single room)

Reviewed 1 April 2014

This hotel is perfectly situated in the centre of Helsinki. Upon arrival we were greeted nicely and were offered a glass of bubbly ( for the weekend they do this) The room was nice and clean although a little small. The wardrobe was tiny but luckily we did not have too many clothes with us!
The breakfast was tasteful and offered refreshing change! The coffee ( Italian ) was very good.

I would recommend this hotel and surely we will come back. We got married the same day we entered the hotel and for that reason, too, this hotel will have a place in my heart ! :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2014

The Klaus K is a very good hotel in an excellent location. Right in the heart of Helsinki, you are walking distance from the city centre. The design is contemporary and although a little small the rooms are comfortable.

There is a good bar downstairs under reception and the italian restaurant at the front of the hotel is excellent. I would recommend a visit.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
TeroThynell, Manager at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Orms114,
Thank you so much for your review! I am thrilled to read that you really enjoyed your time at Klaus K Hotel and in Helsinki. Please come back and visit us summer time and experience the summer in Helsinki.
Kind regards,
Tero Thynell - Rooms Manager

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I have been staying in this hotel several times, both for business and vacation, and I have to say I've been surprised again and again by the sheer quality of this hotel. The whole staff really strives for making the experience perfect - in Finland it's often difficult to find good service. The rooms are gorgeous, with bold design and very comfortable beds. The breakfast is the best I've enjoyed in Finland. All the ingredients are very good quality, and most of them come from small farms and are organic.

The last time I spent a night in this hotel was yesterday. I arrived in the hotel a bit weary, after a long day of both working and shopping. I got a glass of sparkling wine right away, and they upgraded my room without me even asking! The check in was smooth and pleasant, they had all the information ready from my reservation so I didn't have to fill in any forms. The staff was really helpful, they helped me so much with things I had to organise for an occasion I was attending.

I have recommend this hotel for all my friends.

Room Tip: The rooms on the street side may be noisy because of the trams, at least on the lower floors.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Milja H,
It makes me very proud on behalf of my entire team to read your review. This is what Klaus K is all about! Personal touch and getting to know our guests. Hopefully we can welcome you back again in not too distant future.
Best regards,