“Faultless”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
England
“Faultless”
Reviewed 4 December 2008

This is our third visit to the Klaus K and without a doubt the best.
A very polite young gentleman came scurrying out of the hotel in the cold November evening weather the moment our taxi pulled up outside the door and helped us with our luggage.

Very friendly and super efficient lady at reception dealt with checking us in.There was a problem with the reservation but she took control in a very calm manner and sorted this out for us.

The hotel seems to have raised its standards since our last visit the rooms are cleaned to a very high standard ( this was our only main issue on our last visit ).

The breakfast remains superb and is a lavish affair of fruit breads fish meats and plenty more.

Superb location.Recommended.

• Liked — The staff and their superb service and politeness
  • Disliked — Being picky here but the small bathroom
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Lahti, Finland
Reviewed 17 November 2008

We were staying at Envy Plus -room with my wife. I had been there a really long ago when the hotel was ordinary chain hotel Klaus Kurki. The change has been tremendous.

Everything is renovated and the staff is all new. The best part of the hotel is its restaurants and especially the breakfast.

There are different sizes of rooms, be aware that smallest rooms are really tiny. Envy plus room is roomy, there's nice decor and comfy bed. The hotel has it's own entertainment system, so there's movies and music to choose. Movies are bit expensive but the music selection was free. A nive way to check out new albums.

Our room was on the street side at it caused a little noise. There goes three tram lines at Bulevardi, which are convenient ways to explore the city, but it also causes noise. Tram goes from dawn 'til midnight. There's also a taxi stop next the hotel main door and especially at fri and sat nigths there's a drunken crowds time to time when nearby restaurants are getting closed.

Klaus K is excellent hotel. I suggest, that while booking, check out the size of the room and not book the smaller ones. I also suggest that you book your room on the other side of the building than street side.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank Timo K
Lisbon
Reviewed 17 September 2008

I stayed 2 nights in Klaus K Hotel. It had a nice modern design. I booked a "Desire" room. The bed was very confortable and the room was spacious enough. The design stretched to the bathroom with a drawback: if you wanted to take a shower you'd better be prepared for a flooded floor because it was an open shower with a drain on the floor and a movable glass to separate it from the basin area. As this was true for my room (502), I don't know if it applies to the other rooms.
The breakfast was excellent and varied.
Sometimes, the staff seemed a bit lost in the spoken english department, but it was nothing to worry about.
The location was extremely central but Helsinki is not a very big city and has a very small city center.
All in all, a quality hotel with a price to match.

• Liked — Bed confort, breakfast
  • Disliked — High price
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
London, England
Reviewed 13 September 2008

The Klaus K is a typical boutique hotel, achingly trendy and expensive. I stayed in the smallest room I have stayed in outside New York, room 530. Incredible, it's an insult to ask people to stay in such a room, every time I walked in I got angry. I am sure the big rooms are okay, the small ones are a joke.

Stayed September 2008
2 Thank pippywee
Guerneville, California
Reviewed 12 September 2008

This is my second time back to the Klaus K and it gets better every time. The location is unbeatable- walking distance to everything. The design of Klaus K is modern yet inviting, not stuffy like the Kamp Hotel. We stayed in an Envy room which was quite spacious and fit our needs.
We dined two nights in the Italian restaurant Toscanini- fantastic service and food. The real winner was the breakfast. Staying for several nights it was nice to have different items offered each morning- with lots of fresh, homemade things made using local ingredients. I would go back just for the breakfast.
Overall I found the staff to be welcoming and attentive. There was a person at the main door usually to greet us.
We will be back!

Stayed August 2008
1 Thank Brett G
StewStew
Reviewed 12 September 2008

My Wife and I traveled this summer after selling our restaurant in Charlotte, USA. I happen to be a Chef with a Hospitality Degree. We stayed in many hotels this summer and Klaus K was by far the best. It has the best Italian Restaurant (Toscanini) in the city and another upscale restaurant that is out of this world serving Finnish and International stuff.
It seems to be a historic building in the heart of Helsinki, yet renovated to beyond up to date tech computer stuff and decor. The staff is well educated in the guest needs and the workings of a first class hotel. And they are really friendly and always willing to hook you up with what ever we needed. Ice for the room or a Ferry reservation. They were all cool about everything.
The other Guests seem to be a mix of international business clientele and traveling tourist checking out the city. The Hotel caters to all it seems and we were there for business and pleasure. So I would recommend Klaus K to any traveler seeking the best of all.
Finally the breakfast buffet was the best of the summer. I talked to one of the cooks and they make thier own jams, breads, cheeses, butters, cured fish and meats, on and on..................

Fred & Judy Bahr
Tega Cay, S.C.

• Liked — Upscale Business Hotel meets Tourist Friendly Hotel
  • Disliked — No roof top bar
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 19 August 2008

I've stayed in Klaus K for two nights. Well, I should say that this hotel is probably one of the best I've ever tried.

We were living in an envy room. It was really big, with two big plasma TVs, two bathrooms, huge bad and nice view. The room was very well decorated and furnished.

Klaus K is well located, not too far from the central railway station and main tourist and shopping streets.

There is a club at the hotel. I was not impressed with it (music was not too good and they make an awful Long-Island Ice Tea in the bar), but if don't know the right places or don't want to go outside it is allright.

No complaints about staff at all.

The meal at the breakfast is common for Europe, nothing surprising.

• Liked — The room itself was awesome, the location is nice
  • Disliked — Long-Island in the hotel's club
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business