“It's easy, safely and quickly...”
Review of Hotel Rantapuisto

Hotel Rantapuisto
Ranked #31 of 65 Hotels in Helsinki
Helsinki
“It's easy, safely and quickly...”
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Dear All, I woukd like to say a lot of thanks you for this site, honestly, I have chosen the right hotel and booked it for 10 minutes. Before that, I was looking for a suitable option on other sites, but found nothing. Your site really helped me, because I tried to found something a litle bit late - before 2 days till my trip to Finland, nevertheless I have found that I need. Since I first armored something via the internet and also paid in the first, I was a little scary. After booking I immediately called to the hotelf and checked whether the room booked in my name or not. Hotel employee kindly informed this information. Once more, thank YOU.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2012

We visited this hotel for a weekend in February. I did not have a car and walked from the metro. It is about a 20 minute metro ride and then a 30 minute walk. From the metro to the hotel is all residential. There is one market and a pizza restaurant. The hotel itself is very nice. It is geared towards business with lots of conference rooms. My room was nice, clean, and quiet. There were hardly any other people in the hotel. There is free internet, laundry room, sauna, and breakfast. The breakfast was good with lots of options, but it is the same everyday. This hotel is a good place to stay, especially since it was half the price of any other hotel at the time I booked, but do keep in mind it is a little out of the way.

Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mary C
Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed 15 August 2012

we stayed in this hotel two times and in both cases it was lovely.its only 10mins from metro station and its a nice walk and the location by the sea is superb,they have a private beach with sand and rocks,where you can watch sunset :-) rooms clean and comfortable and VERY good breakfast.
in a few words,perfect to share city trip with a nature :-)

• Stayed July 2012
Bradford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Overall feel of this hotel, on the semi rural outskirts of Helsinki, is more of a scandinavian conference centre venue than a cosy hotel. Its low level and not unpleasing to view with lots of wood in the structure. Its spread out over a wide area so I had a bit of a walk to my room (both indoor and outdoor routes).My single room brought back memories of university accomodation - bit sparse but all the basics: clean, warm enough, tidy, with en-suite. Lovely location in woodland and only 50 metres from the sea. Stayed there for one night before a week of kayaking fron Natura Viva canoeing centre next door to the hotel. Limited evening meal menu but enough choice for me and not too expensive. Decent continental buffet menu with lots of usual choices and the local touch with a variety of herring options! Its 600 metres to a metro station so, if you use the metro to arrive/depart you will probably need a taxi from the station to the hotel, but thats not expensive. The metro runs very regularly into Helsinki city centre: its only a 20 minute journey and not expensive at all. There is a sauna on site but I didn't try it. Overall a good value option if you are not looking for fancy frills.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We booked Rantapuisto through Hotwire so we paid about half the standard rate.

We spent one night here and are so glad we chose somewhere outside of the city. The bus from Rastila station which brings you right to the hotel was not running the day we were there so we settled for the one which drops you just at the turn for Ramsinniementie.

There was heavy snowfall at the time so dragging our cases with us proved quite the struggle, despite it only being a 5 minute (or so) walk to the hotel gates.

The location is stunning. Our room was a standard double and we shared a bed which was slightly small. There was a bathroom ensuite with a shower. One minor quibble: our hairdryer wasn't working and the internet is not free. There is a tv in the room.

Everything was very clean. The hotel is split into a few buildings which gives it a kind of summer camp feel, as the buildings look like cabins.

The breakfast was very nice and varied. Breads, cereals, juices, cheeses, hams and hot food. The staff at reception were very helpful with directions.

We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again but would perhaps enjoy it more if we had a car.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank WannabeBallerina
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed 13 February 2012

The hotel has a very quite location on the lakeshore surrounded by a nice forest with a great mushroom smell n Autumn. 15 min by car from Helsinki city. Nice budget place to relax from city hustle and bustle. You can reserve sauna which is right on the shore. Budget rooms are very small and nothing special.The property is mostly used for conferences and teambuildings. Breakfast was fine, but for dinner you'd better go somewhere else. Of cause, free parking.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple