The hotel is located in a beautiful green surrounding, with basic and functional rooms and has a rather robust charme to it.
Unfortunately, this charme fades quickly due to the behavior of the staff and the apparent lack of existence or implementation of quality procedures. For instance:
- staff orders people "You go to your room - now!" when they consider its time for curfew.
- while we waited to order, staff chats with others until it is two minutes past "ordering time" and then refuses to accept any order
- staff calls in armed security to underline her orders
All this to a group of friendly and civilised guests, who felt reminded of stays in youth hostels 30 years ago.
- when asking for the manager repeatedly, the request is refused, even upon insistence (answer: "she is sleeping and I will not wake her up. Go to your rooms!"
- after 23:00 at night, no person is reachable at all.
This was, unfortunately, one of the most remarkable hotel stays I ever experienced.
It is a pity, because the location deserves better.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Rantapuisto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kokoushotelli Rantapuisto Oy Helsinki