GLO Hotel Kluuvi Helsinki
US$201
US$179
ScandicHotels.com
2,142 results
All reviewsgreat locationdeluxe roomseparate toiletpedestrian streetfazer cafecentral locationthe heart of the citymodern hotellarge bathroomtrain stationgreat roombed was very comfortablesalmonfree internetmini barbreakfast buffetmarket square
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I stayed here with my family on May 31st 2013 and I cannot recommend it enough for variety of reasons.

The location is amazing- right on what seemed like a good shopping area or high street. The hotel is surrounded by cafes and pubs. In fact, right below it is an Asian restaurant where they serve marinated tofu on hot stone and dips. Apart from that, there are many pubs and restaurants all around it. It was a weekend and there was a music night out in the open just a couple of hundred meters away from the hotel. It was very lively out there but at the same time I did not hear any noise from the streets in my room. On the other hand it is also close to the pier. The hotel has its own gym but I much preferred going for an early morning run along the pier overlooking the Baltic sea (I think?). If you can manage, do try to squeeze in a run or a morning walk around the hotel and I'm quite sure that you will not be disappointed.

Upon arrival, we were very cordially and enthusiastically welcomed by the front desk staff. The check in was quick followed by some tips on what to see in the city and how summers in Helsinki were so much prettier than Winters. I requested an extra cot in room over email just a couple of hours in advance of my arrival and when I reached the hotel at 1pm, I was informed that the room was already ready with the extra cot in it.

The rooms were not same old same old what I usually see in chain hotels but rather had a very designer-kind of feel to it. The decor was amazing and I especially liked the luxurious open bathroom and the fact that even the toiletries were nicely packaged and presented. It was clear that they had put in effort to make my stay comfortable.

Overall this is not just any regular hotel. After a very long time I've finally stayed at a hotel that was worth every penny I paid for it. I highly recommend it and will definitely stay here again when I return to Helsinki.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Max_0712
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Hotel works which meant the hotel was a mess and smelt strongly of chemicals. No warnings or apologies from staff.

Otherwise, great location and nice rooms with nice toiletries and slippers etc. really hot though and we couldn't open the window! This was common in all the hotels we stayed in in Finland.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Psychtraveller
palacekamp, Guest Relations at GLO Hotel Kluuvi Helsinki, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear Psychtraveller A,
Many thanks for your review. I am sorry to hear that we could not meet your expectations while you were visiting us. At the moment of your stay in January, we were having some constructions work ongoing, since we were expanding our property. We thrived to build our new wing without causing inconvenience for our guests, so I am very sorry that we failed with that. Despite the problems, we are very glad to hear you enjoyed the rooms and the centered location of our property. Due to security and technical reasons it is impossible to open the windows in some of our guest rooms. We hope that we can welcome you back some time to our property and provide you a better experience with us.

Behalf of the GLOteam,
Enni Viuhkonen
Guest Relations

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Stayed in this hotel in September for one night. I was very positively surprised as I hadn´t been into so nice in hotel in Helsinki before!

Rooms are spacious and nice, very modern. Bathroom can be opened up to the room with sliding doors. Bed was really comftable.

Breakfast was ok, also service. All the restaurants, shopping, walking area is just in front of the door.

Would definately stay again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Liisukaz
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I recently stayed for two nights in this hotel and was very pleased with it.

First of all, the location is excellent. It's right in the middle of the old city centre, surrounded by nice bars, restaurants and shops. We could walk anywhere and never had to take a cab (except to go the airport of course).

Moreover, I really liked the design of the hotel and the rooms, it is very modern, yet very warm as well. The bed was extremely comfortable, the shower had excellent pressure and the room was very clean. I couldn't have asked for more.

For me, the free wifi was fast enough to get work done.

Breakfast was good, although a little crowded at times. I liked the fact that there were typical finnish items on the menu such as herring.

I would definitely stay here again if I would come back to Helsinki.

Room Tip: The rooms giving out on the pedestrian street are very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
palacekamp, Guest Relations at GLO Hotel Kluuvi Helsinki, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Alanake,

Great to read about your enjoyable stay! We are extremely glad that you found our rooms design beautiful and had a proper rest while enjoying the town.
Greetings from our team and welcome again to GLO and Helsinki!

Best Regards,
Enni Viuhkonen
Guest Relations

Reviewed 7 November 2013

A splendid hotel with clean new modern rooms, great service, and a perfect location to be able to walk to all the main attractions. There are plenty of restaurants nearby and the main shopping area in the surrounding area. Highly recommended.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family