“Functional Hotel in the centre of Helsinki” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of GLO Hotel Kluuvi Helsinki

GLO Hotel Kluuvi Helsinki
Ranked #12 of 63 Hotels in Helsinki
London
“Functional Hotel in the centre of Helsinki”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 1 night in this hotel and it was perfect for my business trip. Rooms were compact and quiet. Service from reception staff was superb. Breakfast had a fairly good selection. Would recommend.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
palacekamp, Guest Relations at GLO Hotel Kluuvi Helsinki, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear Experttravelleruk1,
Thank you for your kind words and recommendations, awesome to read that we have accomplished to meet you expectations during you visit with us.
Holiday greetings from the GLOstaff!

Behalf of the team,
GLO Hotel Kluuvi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Croydon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

On arrival I upgraded to a medium room which was an oasis of style, space and modernity. Best compact hotel bathroom I've experienced. My type of breakfast - not a greasy sausage in sight but a healthy and delectible selection of fruits, breads, salmon and salads. Really friendly staff. Would have liked more info in room on the hotel services, though exception were exemplary. Would insist on staying here again on my next trip.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Croydigras
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

I stayed in a suite here, which was very nice. It was spacious and clean, very modern. The location of the hotel is excellent, right in the heart of Helsinki. Breakfast was alright.
All in all, the value was very good and I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

I stayed here with my family on May 31st 2013 and I cannot recommend it enough for variety of reasons.

The location is amazing- right on what seemed like a good shopping area or high street. The hotel is surrounded by cafes and pubs. In fact, right below it is an Asian restaurant where they serve marinated tofu on hot stone and dips. Apart from that, there are many pubs and restaurants all around it. It was a weekend and there was a music night out in the open just a couple of hundred meters away from the hotel. It was very lively out there but at the same time I did not hear any noise from the streets in my room. On the other hand it is also close to the pier. The hotel has its own gym but I much preferred going for an early morning run along the pier overlooking the Baltic sea (I think?). If you can manage, do try to squeeze in a run or a morning walk around the hotel and I'm quite sure that you will not be disappointed.

Upon arrival, we were very cordially and enthusiastically welcomed by the front desk staff. The check in was quick followed by some tips on what to see in the city and how summers in Helsinki were so much prettier than Winters. I requested an extra cot in room over email just a couple of hours in advance of my arrival and when I reached the hotel at 1pm, I was informed that the room was already ready with the extra cot in it.

The rooms were not same old same old what I usually see in chain hotels but rather had a very designer-kind of feel to it. The decor was amazing and I especially liked the luxurious open bathroom and the fact that even the toiletries were nicely packaged and presented. It was clear that they had put in effort to make my stay comfortable.

Overall this is not just any regular hotel. After a very long time I've finally stayed at a hotel that was worth every penny I paid for it. I highly recommend it and will definitely stay here again when I return to Helsinki.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Max_0712
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Hotel works which meant the hotel was a mess and smelt strongly of chemicals. No warnings or apologies from staff.

Otherwise, great location and nice rooms with nice toiletries and slippers etc. really hot though and we couldn't open the window! This was common in all the hotels we stayed in in Finland.

Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Psychtraveller
palacekamp, Guest Relations at GLO Hotel Kluuvi Helsinki, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Psychtraveller A,
Many thanks for your review. I am sorry to hear that we could not meet your expectations while you were visiting us. At the moment of your stay in January, we were having some constructions work ongoing, since we were expanding our property. We thrived to build our new wing without causing inconvenience for our guests, so I am very sorry that we failed with that. Despite the problems, we are very glad to hear you enjoyed the rooms and the centered location of our property. Due to security and technical reasons it is impossible to open the windows in some of our guest rooms. We hope that we can welcome you back some time to our property and provide you a better experience with us.

Behalf of the GLOteam,
Guest Relations
Tallinn, Estonia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

Stayed in this hotel in September for one night. I was very positively surprised as I hadn´t been into so nice in hotel in Helsinki before!

Rooms are spacious and nice, very modern. Bathroom can be opened up to the room with sliding doors. Bed was really comftable.

Breakfast was ok, also service. All the restaurants, shopping, walking area is just in front of the door.

Would definately stay again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Liisukaz
Ghent, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

I recently stayed for two nights in this hotel and was very pleased with it.

First of all, the location is excellent. It's right in the middle of the old city centre, surrounded by nice bars, restaurants and shops. We could walk anywhere and never had to take a cab (except to go the airport of course).

Moreover, I really liked the design of the hotel and the rooms, it is very modern, yet very warm as well. The bed was extremely comfortable, the shower had excellent pressure and the room was very clean. I couldn't have asked for more.

For me, the free wifi was fast enough to get work done.

Breakfast was good, although a little crowded at times. I liked the fact that there were typical finnish items on the menu such as herring.

I would definitely stay here again if I would come back to Helsinki.

Room Tip: The rooms giving out on the pedestrian street are very quiet.