“Good,cheap and new :)”

Ranked #12 of 63 Hotels in Helsinki
Jyvaskyla, Finland
“Good,cheap and new :)”
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Hotel is close to everything and feels new and with a good style.
Got a big room delux,with big bathroom with bathtube. View dowm to street but not much noise.
Was big soft bed.
Breakfast wasnt so much but had most what you need but still to boring :) all in all i would say one of the best hotel in helsinki

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tanjalarem

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Switzerland
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

You need a configurator to book the room and when you arrive again you can use configurator to improve the size of the room the kettle etc. breakfast average room..... depending on what you configure you may be happy. Warning all options have a solid price and nothing is for free .... even the service is perhaps not up to standard no to mention the coffee . Well im sure next time I need to make better choice.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank genevatourist
Turku, Finland
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I spent one night here with my husband. The location of this hotel couldn't be better, it's located right next to the Bulevardi and in the middle of the best shopping area. The rooms were clean and beautiful, but fairly small. The only negative thing was the attitude of the receptionist. I had booked the most expensive room that was available, since I thought it would be biggest (we had a lot of luggage, because of my shopping spree). Turned out the was actually quite small, and the price was for using the spa (which we didn't need). The receptionist seemed quite frustrated, said at first that probably nothing could be done and kept telling me how people should pay attention when reserving their rooms to avoid generating extra work for the staff (it was my mistake to make a wrong reservation ofc). But, she managed to get a bigger room for us. Kind of strange, why make us feel bad? I would have been completely ok if she had just said it wasn't possible.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
palacekamp, Hotel Manager at GLO Hotel Kluuvi Helsinki, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Milja,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and thank you for the valuable feedback! While our goal is to create delicate experiences It makes me very sad to hear about your negative encounter at the reception and I wish you accept my sincere apology! I can assure we will only learn from the incident. I wish you allow us the pleasure to accommodate you in the future, too and the chance to demonstrate not only what we have learned but the true spirit of Glo Hotels!

Sincerely Yours,

Perttu Kykkänen
Tampere, Finland
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Stayed one night in this modern but cosy hotel in central Helsinki. The location is perfect for anyone wanting to stay in the city center, close to the central railway station, main shopping malls, nice restaurants etc. There is parking in a closeby parking facility with a fixed price for hotel guests.

On arrival we were offered to upgrade to a bigger room with small additional fee and decided to take the offer. The room was very spacius, modern and comfortable. Breakfast was suberb with many fresh options of fruit, vegetables, bread, porridge, yoghurts and so on. Friendly service as well. Great value for money, will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mhj026
Cassina Rizzardi, Italy
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I spent just one night in that amazing city, but I felt I have been in the really right place to spend it.
The room (not too big, but enough for my needs) was clean with nice fornitures.
Nice the idea to drink a beer at the bar.
For sure I'll stay there again , when I'll be back.
I just hope I can try the breakfast next time, since I escaped so so early.
In any case, desk people are nice and gentle.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I stayed here for 1 night with my husband. We reserved a Comfort M room and asked if it would be possible to get a room with a bathtub. We got a room on the 5th floor, at the end of a quiet corridor.

The room was amazing! It was larger than regular hotel rooms, very clean, beautifully designed and in top-notch condition. The large windows faced an inner court, so there was no street noise. The bed was really comfortable and the bathtub was heavenly :) There was a separate toilet and a cozy couch.

The location of the hotel is as central as it could be; everything is within a walking distance. The staff was extremely friendly and the breakfast was great with multiple options for a vegetarian.

We would definitely stay here again and can 100% recommend this to everyone. It was so much more stylish than Kämp, which is many times more expensive!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chaneli_10
Sandefjord, Norway
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Central in the heart of Helsinki. Nice design hotel. Good service. Nice size rooms. Medium or large rooms are recommended as these much nicer. Nice size bathrooms. Ask for a room away from the streets if you are a light sleeper. I had a room towards Kluuvikatu and there was noise there from 0500 from garbage trucks, suppliers etc. So I ended getting woken up at 0555... my fault for not asking for quiet room. But slept very good otherwise. Good gym on the top floor. Nice breakfast area.

Room Tip: read above