“Good Hotel”

Ranked #12 of 65 Hotels in Helsinki
Oxfordshire
“Good Hotel”
Reviewed 14 March 2010

Good hotel, in a great position.
I would absolutely recommend a stay here.
Breakfast we good with a lot of choice.
Rooms were nice.
Staff were all polite and helpful.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sydney Australia
Reviewed 9 March 2010

We have seen that there have been a few mixed reviews on the service. We can only say that we dealt with the front desk quite a bit on and off --we were there a few days -- and they were invariably friendly and made useful suggestions for us as first time visitora.

The bed was very comfortable and the location is perfect.The rooms were not huge but were fine and comfortable. The small bar was good for a drink before dinner and the barman was also good to chat with.

We also noticed that a couple of recent reviewers have not found the breakfast particularly good. Again, the days we were there, the breakfast was excellent --plenty of choices, pretty healthy and tasty. We'd go back there again.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank vague travellers
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 24 February 2010

My room was great - huge bathtub, great bed, quiet and nice interior. I had read on the website about all the extras one could order to the room such as a foot massager and a daylight lamp - but when I called to order this I was greatly disappointed. They seemed to only have one of each iteam and of course I was told that none was available. I was also a bit disappointed with the breakfast - I would have expected more variety.

But all in all I would absolutely recommend this hotel.

1 Thank Trav369
Finland
Reviewed 22 February 2010

Glo says on its web site: Best Hotel in Helsinki. The same say many TripAdvisor reviews. Not true to my opinion. The hotel is OK but not any better than an average good hotel in Helsinki. But this hotel is more expensive than many other four star hotels in Helsinki. Nothing above the level of other hotels but few things below, and thus the value for your money is not that good.
The reception and lobby is like a part of a bar, not welcoming to my opinion. Maybe for people who like to be hectily on the move constantly, this is OK.
Beds are excellent.
Noise of trams and cars is clearly audiable.
Rooms clean, but again nothing that would raise this above other hotels.
The elevators and stairs seem to be part of another building. Not cosy.
Style is a matter of taste. We did not like it that much.
The interior is said to be Scandinavian. Pictures of New York (or whatever) skyscrapers and else on halls is more Subway restaurant wallpaper than Finland.
Breakfast very average.
Gourmet pizza restaurant offered nice pizzas, but the staff was phlegmatic.

1 Thank Jaatinen
Guadalajara
Reviewed 17 February 2010

I wish I could say more positive things about this hotel, because it is good in the overall, but we were not pleased there, Our room was very small, the entrance was very narrow, my husband and I felt little claustrophobic there, although we had a room facing the street, but it was facing the windows of the building in front, so we had to have the drapes down while we were in the room. My husband said he felt like in a youth hostel from his young age. Front desk were not very friendly when I asked for some maps of the city, I guess they were very busy talking to each other and laughing, that they did not liked my interruption, and this happened not just ones, but twice.
But in the positive side, the beds were very comfortable, we had a good size bathroom, very modern with great fixtures.
The location in downtown is terrific, it is walking distance to touristic sights, shopping, the casino, restaurants and the pier to take the boat to Suomenlinna Sea Fortress, that in my opinion, is a must do.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank genovevaK
Netherlands
Reviewed 13 February 2010

GLO - at least the standard room I stayed in - is nothing special. Room and bath room on the small side. Can't really see the design element that many people praise - IKEA plus I would call it. Cleaning is inconsistent, one towel per night is a bit poor. Same goes for the breakfast - small variety, little taste. Location is definetely perfect and the bed sleeps OK. But why all this hype? There are plenty of hotels in Helsinki that offer the same (and more).

2 Thank gaspargonzalez
Seaford, Aust
Reviewed 6 February 2010

We stayed here at the start of our european trip, and it was the best choice! the staff were all fabulous, the room was great, bed soooo comfy! The breakfast selection was fantastic too! Would highly recommend. Location is right in the heart of the city.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple