“Ideal business lunch”

Price range: US$0 - US$37
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Beautiful restaurant in a lovely part of Helsinki. Had a magnificent business lunch here and couldn't fault it. Service was spot-on and food simply excellent. Well-deserving of its michelin star.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

If looking for a great fine dining experience in casual atmosphere, I warmly recommend Postres. I visited it yesterday. The service was excellent and still cozy for the purpose, and the food was a nice combination of Finnish and European ingredients with some innovative layout and tasty surprises. Wine package was right to the point. Postres beats e.g. the overpriced Savoy clearly with much better value for the fine dining money. In my opinion, Postres would earn two stars in comparison to many continental Michelin rated places.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

Postres has been our favorite for a long time. For some reason the restaurant seems to be underrated among the Finnish food critics. But let me assure you there is absolutely no reasons for that. The standard is as high as ever.

We phoned the restaurant only three hours before and eventhough they were fully booked they found us a table. And we had a special request to have Tarte tatin off the menu which they delivered by fetching apples (Pink lady) from the market nearby.

We began with asparagus, Norwegian salmon and Finnish beef tartar. All of them were flawless as were the pairing wines. I had an extra glass of the Italian white wine with the beef tartar since it just blew our mind.

For the main course we both had grilled black pork with Jerusalem artichoke and lemon. Again beautifully presented with a rich and full taste. But the best part were the wines. The restaurant manager Taneli Kesäläinen promised to suprise us and he sertainly did. He bought us two glasses of wine with the pork both red and white. The Spanish red was a perfect match as you can expect but the true suprise was the semisweet riesling which matched the pork perfectly. Do ask that if you order the pork.

Tarte tatin is the best in town by far. Freshness of the apple combined with the sweetness of the caramel kept me smiling all night. And not suprisingly the dessert wine worked.

There are restaurants in Helsinki that will match the food but when you combine the food, wine recommendations and the servise it doesn't get better than this - at least in Helsinki. Go find out yourself and take your sweethart with you. The atmosphere is set for a romantic evening where everything is in place.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

I am food tour guide and therefore I try to go to eat everytime in new place to get good hints for my customers.

This is Michelin star restaurant yet athmosphere is unformal, even casual, which I like.

We had a birthday party with friends in here and we choose to have 9 courses menu at the spot.

Overall I liked food design and we had great time. I enjoyed the menu, altough one of the dishes wasn´t anybodys favourite - actually I coudn´t finish it. Also in some point we had to wait quite long for the drinks that I really don´t expect in this level restaurant. So these are the reasons why I rate this only very good :)

We started at 7pm and finished 12.30 am so make sure you have enough time to go through long menu.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

This was our first experience at Postres and we enjoyed this evening to the full. Food was delicious and choice was enough, although they had 2-4 menus only. The staff did a good job and assisted me in making a special surprise to my wife on this special occasion (anniversary). We paid 225 € for everything, including drinks, and it was worth it. Postres is a good choice, if you are looking for something that is not for every day.