La Famiglia Helsinki
Price range: US$14 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Vironniemi
Description: Relaxed "little Italy" in Helsinki Bring your friends, family, business partner and your appetite to La Famiglia and be prepared to enjoy. La Famiglia's laid back, casual and relaxed atmosphere welcomes you with its Italian American menu. The bar serves fresh drinks for our customers to enjoy before dinner. The "play corner" is popular among our younger customers. During lunch La Famiglia serves a lunch buffet 11.00-14.30 and daily changing lunch portions from the kitchen. Welcome to La Famiglia!
Reviewed 4 December 2013

More Italian style than most Italian restaurants usually at Finland. I liked athmosphere, food and after all pricing. Place is at cuty center and just few steps from Espa park where is good to take walk before or after meal.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

We order 2 Pizza´s. They were horrible, under cooked, Tomato sauce in pizza was sweet!!! wt...??
(not cheap price for pizza 15 euro.) Pizza should be able to eat with the hand, but this pizza was like a water.

We ate less than a half pizza both.

But it tells lot of restaurant that advertise it self as a Italian restaurant, but in the menu have american, finnish and italian food. Identity is lost??

Never again

Reviewed 2 November 2013

At first, it took virtually 71/2 minutes for us to get attention and be seated, moves, gestures and several overtures were made by colleagues to draw attention from the ever busy staffs at this facility when we were all tired of standing just to obey the instruction that says "please wait to be seated".
The facility was quite big and spacious given where it is located, there were more space on the basement. The architectural remedies fitted the eyes, lighting brilliant. The table decorations could be improved. The sitting arrangements needs complete overhaul, because there is endless movement of staffs and guests/customers which created a hell of a noise, the sitting architecture could be arranged in a seamless, skilful dexterity that controls change in movement and direction procedures thereby eliminating noise completely.

All the menu items were ordered over the phone two to one day before arrival yet still, we were instructed to make the order afresh making a nonsense of he earlier order over the phone, this is hopeless and irresponsibility, it means all you have to do is just call and reserve a table and inform the number of people coming, do not even bother yourself to order the meal beforehand because that will be a complete waste of time anyway you will have to do it again upon arrival in the facility. It means no one is responsible for this specific information of meal order and follow it thru when the guest arrives.

For the starters, I had "FRITTO MISTO [L] Deep-fried scampi, squid and vegetables with lime mayonnaise" AT A COST OF 9,90EURO, It was not disappointing, very nice and well prepared, i enjoyed it overall. The main course I had chicken "AMERICAN BBQ-CHICKEN [L][G] Grilled chicken with Whiskey flavored BBQ dip, red wine sauce, ratatouille and roasted sweet potato"
at a cost of18,60euro. This roasted potato was no where near what is known outside Europe as sweet potato. Sweet potato is white in color and not yellow, and is indeed sweet and not tasteless.
If La Famiglia chooses to serve sweet potato and of the kind that they have, it should be categorized of which variety it is. this is unlike any sweet potato I have ever seen. I do not recommend it. I could not order wine at first over the phone when the order were being made because the wine list is not on the English webpage unfortunately. But I had wine menu there to select from for my meal. I had a red wine from the range of Tommasi Romeo 24cl. (= 1 glass of wine) at a cost of 6.60 euro x 2= you do the arithmetic. This is overly expensive.

There were many things not right than there were good, I recommend a thorough check list ranging from staffs frequents and unnecessary crosschecking, ordering, webpage, menu, sittings, decorations and getting guests seated! etc.

The experience speaks for itself, I may not visit this facility but if I want to pass-out time at the heart of the city, I will return again for a fritto misto.

Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

Italian food with a nice atmosphere. Food is good, pizzas look great and the menu is not too big so it's easy to choose.
The service on the other hand was quite poor. Yes we got all we needed, but it would have been nice if the waiter would have put little more effort in what he was doing.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Slow service, expensive, pizzas with 0,5 mm tomato&cheese, burgers ( 20USD!!!!) straight from supermarket. We were disappointed.

1  Thank K K