“Very tasty but too pricey food”

La Famiglia Helsinki
Ranked #594 of 1,485 Restaurants in Helsinki
Price range: US$14 - US$40
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Vironniemi
Description: Relaxed "little Italy" in Helsinki Bring your friends, family, business partner and your appetite to La Famiglia and be prepared to enjoy. La Famiglia's laid back, casual and relaxed atmosphere welcomes you with its Italian American menu. The bar serves fresh drinks for our customers to enjoy before dinner. The "play corner" is popular among our younger customers. During lunch La Famiglia serves a lunch buffet 11.00-14.30 and daily changing lunch portions from the kitchen. Welcome to La Famiglia!
Espoo, Finland
“Very tasty but too pricey food”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I ordered a 10e fritto misto and got 2 small pieces of calamari and prawns: it was ok taste but way too expensive for such a small amount. As main course I had a 17e hamburger: it was huge and delicious, but again too costly.

• Visited February 2014

• Finnish first
London
“Great unique burgers”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We always have trouble finding good place to eat :( but La Famiglia turned out to be a very good choice for lunch. We decided to have the Unique Burgers, I also really fancied the mushroom soup they had so had that too. I had Greek Burger and my husband had Pulled Pork Burger. Both were amazingly good, and very filling. Really good place to eat! Enjoy :)

• Visited February 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Not the perfect Italian experience”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Good location (center of town), specious (two floors with ample sitting), poor service, average food.

So, me and my colleagues booked a table and got a decent place to sit. We were served bread as we sat but our waitress was a blunder. She added salt and pepper to the olive oil (never seen that before) and left it there. No vinegar was served, we had to ask for it. I had a glass of red wine (Chianti 2013) and fancied having a risotto. Unfortunately, they do just one type (white fish), so I tried it. Was ok, nothing great. Presentation was decent. An unusual part is they serve burgers with fries, which I could see lot been ordered. For dessert, I had a tiramisu - was fresh, but over loaded with cocoa-powder which actually choked me once. Espresso was good.

Overall an Ok experience.

• Visited January 2014
“Waiting waiting”
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

We got bored waiting for a table to be cleaned for us. No staff at the bar, where we were supposed to wait for the table. Used to be OK.

Tampere, Finland
“Trattoria”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

More Italian style than most Italian restaurants usually at Finland. I liked athmosphere, food and after all pricing. Place is at cuty center and just few steps from Espa park where is good to take walk before or after meal.