“Thumbs up!!”

Ranked #16 of 1,562 Restaurants in Helsinki
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Vironniemi
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Engel cafe is exactly in front of the cathedral in Helsinki. It is a great place for a coffee. But you can have lunch or a wine. The environment is great and the cake are so delicious. I should try the blackberry one with some tea, or try a traditional Finnish coffee.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The atmosphere here is great-- but my brunch was very plain and average. My egg was overcooked, the bread not as fresh as it should be, the fruit not completely ripe. It's a lovely cafe though, and in a great, central location.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

A very cosy, contemporary style cafe with a very nice variety of salads, cakes and drinks located in the very heart of the nicest Helsinki's squares, the Senators square. Friendly staff, very clean place and a bit overpriced.

1  Thank Veljko011
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I had been to this cafe long time ago for a coffee, but this time I went there to try their lunch. The atmosphere is ok but the staff are not very friendly and helpful. I ordered salmon soup for lunch. It wasn't the best salmon soup I have had in Finland, so I do not recommend it to anyone because they can have delicious salmon soup elsewhere in Helsinki. There was a hair in my soup, and when I finally had the waiter to tell him what I had in my soup, he took the hair away and asked me if I wanted a new soup. They brought me a new one but the thing which irritated me was that they didn't even try to be apologetic about the hair and did not try to compensate for the bad experience I had there. I will not go there again.

1  Thank Ati A
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I always enjoy the breakfast here very much. The variety is not really anything out of the ordinary (breakfast roll, ham, cheese, egg, some vegetables and fruit) but it tastes really good and you get enough food to last you for a while. Lunch hasn't ever disappointed me either.

1  Thank Pikkuaalto