“I miss this place so much!”
Review of Vegemesta - CLOSED

Vegemesta
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Reviewed 4 December 2013

For a while I lived in Finland, and this place was by far my favourite veggie place in Helsinki. Their food is utterly delicious and brilliant after a night out at the local bars! It was cheap for Helsinki and their vegetarian fish and chips and thai fish balls were my favourite. If I ever go back to Helsinki this will be the first place I visit!

1  Thank Kim S

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Vegemesta doesn't exist anymore.

At Vaasankatu the place hasn't been fore age, Also the place at Turku Kristiinankatu and Helsinki Kamppi has disappeared.

At Helsinki Pikku Robertin katu it semm's to be VegeMAX and with new owners. New place have difinitely better food, customer service, hygiene and workers.

Works for me! ;)

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Not too many places who sell good vegan-food, but here's one. I had a lovely seitan-kebab in pita, and the misses had a seitan-burger. Both were quite happy with it. A bit of a rush though, as we got there ten minutes before closing time. Guess the fins want to go home to dinner as well ;)

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Usually I would complain about restaurants that make big efforts in interior design and have no substance in the plate. This place is the opposite, great food (no plates!), tasty, good ingredients, value for money.
But the interior is tiny, and needs a good scrub from ceilings to the floors. Hence the average rating, because I think a minimum standard could be met and this place would make a killing.

Reviewed 2 September 2012

very good food but only a few items to chose from. The sweet potatoe fries were yummy. My friend had the veg burger and said it was the best he ever ate