“Overpriced!!”

Ranked #55 of 1,722 Restaurants in Helsinki
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Delicious, but seriously, this piece of bread was priced at 21,5 euro! I had to go elsewhere to beat my hunger.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,643)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Beautiful glass enclosed restaurant on the esplanade. Uniquely delicious salmon soup. Reindeer excellent. Similar taste to venison as expected. Service just a little spotty.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Nice and beautiful place, good food but sincerely I was expecting more !!

The cafe side is self service, that mean the price could be less expensive than the restaurant side. The place was crowded and noisy. Recommend first find a seat place. Food and coffee are good,but a quite expensive (one espresso in Italy is around € 0,70 in Kappeli € 3.80). The alcohol in all Finland is expensive, so, this point is similar in any place. They offer a daily soup. We had the traditional Finnish salmon soup and its was excellent!. The idea of self service is a faster service, but we had a slow line to go the cashiers (2).

Payment was nice and friendly service with a plus, the staff speaks different languages. In a few minutes, he recommended us a good selection. Try with the Latin guy (Mauro?), was funny a faster.

Our experience in restaurant side was good, but nothing special. I was expecting more with the food if you compare price vs food quality. Service was nice, but they didn't speak much, the staff was busy, so we didn't have the chance to interact with them.

So, I recommend to visit this place , because is beautiful, but take care of your budget! .. (Edited) .

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We didn’t have great expectations for dinner here but thought to go here because of the atmosphere of this famous old building in the center of Esplanaadi park. However we were positively surprised about the quality of the Sibelius dinner.
I can surely recommend this restaurant while visiting Helsinki.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Both the cafe and restaurant are overrated but okay to eat at. It didn’t blow my mind but the first time I went it didn’t meet my expectations. However, the location is great to bring out of Towners and to visit. The food is solid. Solid average. Dessert is better than average (in the restaurant). Service is below average for Finnish standards. But sometimes you will get lucky and get a great server! So in the end - it’s kind of like OK.