“Small and romantic restaurant”

Ristorante Pulcinella
Ranked #20 of 105 Restaurants in Lahti
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 November 2013

About 30 seats, small and romantic little italian restaurant in the center of the city. They surprised us with a free appetizer! The food was quite salty but not too much. It just made us thirsty. Not the cheapest place but OK.

There are newer reviews for Ristorante Pulcinella

Reviewed 3 September 2012

The athmosphere was cosy, but that was nearly the only good thing in this place.
Before our main dishes came, they served a little portion of sallad and bread. The sallad included lettuce and carrot, with some regular, not home-made, sallad dressing. The impression of the sallad was cheaper than what you find next to your sausage and fries portion in local grill.
I ate Pasta taccole e cozze and it's sauce was so loose that it didn't stick with the pasta at all. It was also too bitter. The pasta itself was perfectly al dente, points for that. However, because of the bad sauce, it felt like eating bare pasta with "Blue mussels, sugar peas, and bacon". Oh...I thought the "bacon" was regular ham.
My friend ate Filetto al pepe and ordered it medium. However, it was almost rare in some parts.
My other friends pizza included canned mushrooms, thing you would not expect from Italian restaurant pizza. Pizza's base was also too thick.
The last bad thing was that the cashier didn't put our cash payments to the cash. He did so only with our credit card payments. So the place probably doesn't even pay the taxes correctly.

My visit was the first and also the last. The pricing was reasonable but I would not pay anything for this food if I were to choose.

2  Thank Tforfood
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We visited the place on Saturday at lunchtime, based on the good reviews at Tripadvisor. The place was quite full. Most of the people were locals and clearly not for the first time there.

Service was very friendly and polite, even though little bit slow due to kitchen having tough time keeping up with the demand from the high number of guests. We shared "Antipasto Della Casa" - various salami, ham and other cold cuts with warm garlic bread. Delicious. As the main course we had the "Pasta ai gamberoni e carciofi" - Scampi, artichoke and bacon in white wine sauce. This dish was slighthly overcooked, but overall tasted quite ok.

We'll be back for sure when visiting Lahti the next time.

Reviewed 2 February 2012

I used to live in Italy for 5 years and I must say that I havent had such great food as I did in Lahti in this small cozy restaurant. I must give all compliments to the food and great service.
Also location is great. I would recommend for any kind of occasion and underlining that this may be the only place in Lahti for nice cozy romantic dinner.

Reviewed 6 July 2011

I have visited this place now for twice. Both times i enjoyed of the good food and service!
The place is small, but the atmosphere is great.