“Yeah, very good food and wine”
Review of Pollowaari

Pollowaari
Ranked #1 of 146 Restaurants in Jyvaskyla
Cuisines: French, Scandinavian, International
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Liked everything, disliked nothing, I think the wide variety of wines is very good and actually( don't tell them ) - cheap.
But I had great food and a fantastic breakfast. In most of finlands hotels I skip breakfast because its crap. But here its damn good.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Pöllöwaari is an international-caliber fine dining restaurant. They use mostly local ingredients prepared with little twists that give the kitchen character, without appearing to try too hard. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable without being overbearing, and the sommelier had picked excellent wines to go with the dishes. I especially enjoyed the dessert wine, a sweet red from the Champagne region, reminescent of a very light ruby port.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Last year we have visited Pöllöwaari restaurant few times. It has not let us down once. Even if it a bit more pricy than other restaurants in the city centre, you get value for your money. Every time we have been blown away by taste, fresh new ideas, boldness and good wines. Every time I leave pöllöwaari restaurant, I can only wonder 'wow I can never cook food that good'.

Most seasonal menus also have vegetarian options, which I also value a lot.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Splendid list, many alternatives. Waitresses have good suggestions - also for wines and they can tell quite a lot about their wines. All portions are like a piece of art! (Maybe sometimes portions seem to be too small for such well-tasting food :)

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I've been to this restaurant many times. In December I went twice to their famous Christmas lunch, which is about 45€. It has remained pretty much the same throughout the last 5 years when I've participated. It's very good, but I having seen it so many times, I'm not quite that thrilled anymore.
Don't get me wrong, food is still very good, there are lot's of local specialties and they use only the best ingredients. And the atmosphere and surroundings are still the best in town. Not speaking of the hotel itself where the restaurant is located. You won't find a better one in Jyväskylä.