“Spa Luxury”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Algorfa
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Spa Luxury”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We booked a 'Sprunch' package and was able to also get a deal of 4 for the price of 3 - the spa was lovely and very clean. We chose to have a massage and that was very good. The lunch was fantastic - salad to start then Paella followed by an apple dessert. It was all very good value and very relaxing sat outside overlooking the pool.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Finnish first
Henfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I booked a Spa treatment at La Finca for my husbands birthday, a massage for an hour. The Spa itself is really good, the pool is small but adequate, the adjoining spa spray and jet pools are good too with decent water power. The pool area is beautiful with fabulous views of the gardens and hotel outdoor pool. There is a Turkish bath room and a sauna and showers that spray everything individually or together !! The massage was good but certainly not strong and powerful which we asked for (my husband is a big man and solidly built!) I guess for an aromatherapy massage it would be ok but for a golfers sports massage, not. However, the experience was really good, we spent a great morning there, I was able to use the facilities for 15Euros.

3 Thank Harvey-Sheldon
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The hotel is very very clean and the staff are very polite. On arrival I found that there wass a lack of direction coming from the reception staff as it was late at night when we arrived but no info given regarding food now or details of breakfast location, times what restaurant was available etc etc. There seemed to be a lack of staff available and amenties at poolside were non existance. It still served its purpose as we wanted a chilling out break which was what we got but in order to be a 5 star hotel there is lots of room for improvement.
The SPA side was again really nice but lacking information and assistance.
I would stay there again because I know what to expect and also what is in the surrounding area which we found out for ourselves as again a lack of information available

Room Tip: All rooms seemed fine, some overlook the pool and others overlook the golf course
Delft, The Netherlands
Reviewed 21 June 2014

On arrival a very grumpy man asking to pay his bill and a local Spanish supplier was more important than his business. Reception then started checking my wife and I into the hotel and I stood aside and key him be dealt with. I wondered why he was so angry and found out later!

I was tempted by the 5 star rating and honestly it is barely 3 star. A few weeks ago I stayed at the Four Seasons on the Champs Élysées and that truly is 5 star. Who one earth rated this dormitory as 5 star?

At one point my wife suggested we decamped and make our way to the tried and tested La
Manga where our hotel experience was so superior to this Spanish Fawlty Towers. I would give three stars on the basis of 1 for the food (apart from the 3 euro rip off charge for one bread roll), 1 further star for some of the staff that tried really hard and the final star for the golf that was good fun and good value for money.

My wife was really looking forward to the pool experience however that receives a minus star rating. No service, no cushions, one set of towels to last the week, one second hand glass of a orange left uncleared for 3 days, unmanned and closed pool bar, uncut grass.

Bedroom was reasonable although no mirror and art in room made for a very clinical and hard ambience. In fact typical for the hotel.

To cap it all the checkout took over an hour as they tried to resolve how they had overcharged me by over 150 euros- must have been all that bread we ate at dinner at 3 euros a piece.

So pleased to leave, so disappointed I let my wife down by being lured by the promise of 5 stars, so pleased to write this review so others read it and don't go. I honestly cannot and will not recommend this resort to anyone. I really wish I had read Gerardiom's review before selecting. If I had I would not have booked. Shows the value of Trip Advisor and will from now on loom at it every time.

Room Tip: Don't even think about staying here
2 Thank Iain L
Carvoeiro, Portugal
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at La Finca. The course is pretty tough, but a fair test of golf for most players. The hotel was modern, clean & very comfortable. Our room was spacious, well equipped & comfortable. Each room has an outside sitting / smoking area too. Bathroom was well fitted, with bath & large spacious shower, separate WC.

We enjoyed the pool & surroundings also.

We ate in the restaurant 2 nights, & found the food excellent, though felt the choice was limited. Breakfast was good, but some of the cooked food (sausages, bacon, baked beans & fried eggs) were just left to stand on the counter without any heat source, so were lukewarm at best. The freshly cooked eggs or omelette was a welcome option. Another Nespresso coffee machine would have been welcome too, as there was a constant queue to use the single machine.

We participated in a wedding reception dinner for about 200 people, which was very professionally done. All the food items we had were delivered hot & well cooked. No complaints at all, in fact very well done!

Near the hotel was a bar / restaurant area that seemed separate from the hotel, but really fitted the bill for a couple of Mahou beers & tapas after playing golf.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel for a golf break. With it being a five star we expected someone to meet us at the door and take our luggage...no bell boy? We checked in and headed off to our junior suite. The room was spacious with Molten brown products, fresh flowers and a 6ft bed, great start. Unfortunately there was no mirror (except in the bathroom) for my wife to do her makeup. On arrival we ask reception for an iron and ironing board as the JS did not have these in the room. We went to the pool and settled down for the afternoon. Unfortunately the sun beds did not have cushions and they didn't have pool service, which meant a five minute walk up a double flight of stairs to get a drink. Worst still you had to walk to reception to get a pool towel, another five minutes walk up two flights of stairs.

Also on arrival we booked the Champagne dinner and massage. It sounded great value at €65 however the massage was poor and the restaurant was fly infested. The hotel did have a solution to stop flys entering your drinks which was to put a beer mat on top of your glass.

Breakfast was fine and the golf course played well. After golf we booked a golf sports massage, however my therapist told me she didn't know how to do the massage, so I ended up with another disappointing massage. Worse still I was left waiting for 20 minutes while the therapist dealt with people on reception.

I travel extensively and I think whoever gave this hotel a five star rating should be ashamed of themselves

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Gerardiom
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This is a fantastic hotel that i have stayed at a few times. This hotel is fantastic for golfers, families or couples. We went with our young boy (8) and after i finished playing golf at the great La Finca course (100 meters walk), I was able to swim, play tennis and football with my boy. The hotel in the evening offers a great mix for everyone and the service is also fantastic. I am not easily pleased, but this was great. If you are playing golf here, you must also play Las Colinas which is 20 minutes away. An awesome course and the best in Costa Blanca. PS - Dont miss the Suite Bar at La Finca which is actually hidden away, but fantastic!

Room Tip: I have stayed in a few different rooms and they are all good!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Algorfa
Hotel La Laguna Spa & Golf
Hotel Huerto Del Cura
Hotel Golf Campoamor
Hotel Golf Campoamor
#1 of 5 in Orihuela

Been to Hotel La Finca Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!