“Anniversary meal”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Booked this restaurant for our 30th wedding anniversary and was not disappointed. Gorgeous food..I had the mussels with crusty bread and my husband had a similiar seafood starter. Mains were to die for..rack of lamb for me and beef wellington for hubby..all served with veg and roast pots. Delicious...great service great food. No room for desserts just 2 irish coffees...would definately recommend this wonderful restaurant

1  Thank Paula L

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve been visiting this restaurant for 13 years now and have to say my most recent visit was at best underwhelming. The service was great but the food, mussels in a bitter tomato sauce and then a trio of over cooked fish were comparable to pub grub rather than the good quality restaurant food experienced in the past. Hopefully things will improve next year; one thing is for sure, I will not being going there a second time on our stay here.

2  Thank Latetourer
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We originally were going to another place that was closed, so this was on recommendation of a passerby. The food totally exceeded my expectations! I expected a typical British chain restaurant style food. However the food was delicious, hot and fresh. Calamari, camembert arachni followed by the trio fish and a fillet steak. Everything was perfect with the food! My only thing I'd say is the staff didn't return to check the main meals were okay. However that's just a small detail. Very impressed. Definitely recommend!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We a family of 6 visited on a few occasions over 3 weeks and can honestly say it was lovely. Good food friendly helpful staff and pleasant surroundings. I had lamb in mint sauce and enjoyed every bit. The views from the outside terrace were wonderful well worth a visit.

1  Thank Jeanette F
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and both daughters went here on june 17th. The food was awful to say the least. One starter, chicken skewers had some raw chicken in it. The mains was another story. Duck breast was not only overcooked but had an after taste like it was about to go off. The fillet steak was so dry it seemed like it had been in an oven or under a heat lamp for some time. To top it off when the kitchen was told about the questionable duck the reply reply came back, "the chef said it's fine." Well three people who tasted it say it's not. One of those people happen to work in a 2 rosette restaurant. Not that you needed that level of skill or training to know it was simply awful.

The front of house staff were very apologetic and did their up most to make up for the poor quality food to their credit.

After frequenting Baybrooks for going on 5 years I can firmly say this will be my last time. The chef, at the time of writing this, is in dire need of skill or attitude training. Serving undercooked chicken and overcooked duck screams a lack of basic culinary skills. Sad to see what used to be a place where you could always get good food drop the standards so much.

2  Thank ajockabroad